- What services do you provide? We can provide personal care assistance with bathing, dressing, ambulation, light housekeeping services and companionship. Click here to learn more about our Home Care Services
- Do you provide 24/7 care? Yes, we do! We typically break the shifts into 12 hours shifts to ensure someone is always available to assist you or your loved one no matter the time of day or night.
- Do you work with long term care plans? Yes, we are very familiar with long term care plans. We have worked with Genworth, John Hancock, Banker’s Life, SHIP and many others.
- Do you work with the VA? Yes, we are an approved VA provider and work directly with the VA, which means you may qualify for FREE in-in home care
- Can your caregivers take me to my doctor’s appointment? Yes, they can provide transportation to appointments, or to run errands.
- I am a caregiver for my loved one – and I could use some help. What do I do? This is called respite care, and is intended to give the primary caregiver a break to recharge. We can help with this!
- Do the caregivers actually work for Assisting Hands? Yes, all of our caregivers are employees of Assisting Hands, and not contractors
- Do you screen your employees? Yes, all of our employees must have a Level 2 background check. This checks for criminal records in every state.
- Are your caregivers insured? Yes, all of our caregivers are bonded and insured
- Do you do medication management or med box fills? We have nurses on staff that are able to fill med boxes, and can also help to manage medications
- What if my needs change? Can I add hours? At Assisting Hands, we realize that needs can change over time. We are able to add or reduce hours or visits, or change your care plan.
For more information on Assisting Hands Home Care, please contact us at (239) 337-4263. We are happy to offer free, in-home consultations to discuss the needs of your loved one.