It is natural for families to step in when a relative reaches old age and needs help around their home. The eldest members of the family are usually well respected, and their relatives are happy to help them age comfortably in their homes. However, it is simply not possible for many families to provide the care their elderly loved ones need as this can quickly turn into a full-time job.
Your elderly relatives may just need help around the house at first, but as they get older, they will need more assistance with housekeeping as well as personal care. A family caregiver may soon have a hard time covering their loved one’s care needs and they may devote longer hours to caregiving which can disrupt their personal lives. When the care needs of your elderly relatives become too much, you can turn to professionals to provide elder care services that will allow them to age safely at home.
At Assisting Hands Palm Beach, we provide elderly home care services to help care for senior citizens in their homes in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Your loved ones will receive quality, compassionate care from our licensed caregivers who will also act as their social companion. Our staff will create a personalized care plan that will cover the unique needs of your loved one so they can continue to live safely at home.
Elder Care Services for Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Our elder care services begin with an in-home evaluation so we can assess the safety of the home as well as the specific care needs of your loved one. We will then work with you and your loved ones to form a care plan based on our evaluation. Our elderly care plans typically consist of the following:
- Care management
- Personal assistance
- Meal preparation
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in care
- 24-hour care
We can include a combination of the following care services in the care plan for your loved ones:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers will provide personal assistance to help your elderly loved ones get dressed, bathe, use the restroom, and take care of their personal hygiene.
- Fall Prevention: Our caregivers can help your loved ones move throughout the home and help them get up from the bed or recliner to prevent falls.
- Companionship: We are committed to not only providing excellent care for your elderly loved ones, but also being their social companion. We get to know your loved ones and connect with them on a personal level through conversations, games, and other engaging activities.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will ensure that your loved ones get good meals with daily meal preparation. We will account for their dietary restrictions and take care of the clean up after the meal.
- Transportation and Errands: We can help seniors who no longer drive by giving them rides to important events and handling important errands like grocery shopping and prescription pickup.
- Light Housekeeping: We will help keep the home clean and tidy by doing certain light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and laundry.
- Respite Care: If a member of your family provides care for your elderly loved one, we can help with our respite care services. We will send our caregiver over at scheduled times to relieve the family caregiver and allow them some time off.
- Overnight Care: In some cases, it is best to have someone in the home with your elderly relatives at night. We provide overnight care services in which one of our caregivers will stay in the home from the evening through the following morning, helping your loved ones with their nighttime and morning routines and staying awake through the night.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: If your loved ones need someone in the home with them 24 hours a day. We can help with our live-in care and 24-hour care services. Our live-in care services will ensure that a caregiver is always at the home and our 24-hour care services will provide your loved ones with 24 hours of uninterrupted care.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Elderly individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia need specialized care to live safely at home. Our caregivers are trained to provide care for seniors with these conditions and we can even help slow memory loss with stimulating memory activities.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: If your loved ones have recently returned home from the hospital following a surgery or illness, we can help them recover. Our caregivers will provide personal care and handle light housekeeping duties so your loved ones can focus on their recovery.
- Hospice Care: We provide hospice care services to care for those who have limited life expectancy or a terminal illness. Our caregivers will ensure that your loved ones stay comfortable and pain free so you can visit with them and handle their end of life affairs.
How to Pay for Elder Care
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Palm Beach are ready to provide elderly care services for your loved ones in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, right in their own homes. You can rest assured that your loved ones will be receiving quality care and companionship from our trained and licensed caregivers. Give us a call at (561) 781-5885 for a free assessment of your loved one’s care needs and a free estimate.