Assisting Hands In Home Care provides non-medical home and personal care services to people of all ages and situations. These include individuals with medical conditions that cause fatigue, weakness, or general need for assistance. This includes adults following hospitalization for surgery, and people with disabilities. We also provide care and monitoring for new or expectant mothers, and mothers on restricted care.
We recognize that each individual has different needs and requirements and those needs are constantly evolving. We work with you and your loved ones to develop flexible and customized support programs to assist with activities of daily living. Our care allows you or a loved one to safely and comfortably live at home, and participate in activities or programs that might otherwise be inaccessible.
Types of Care
Depending on the situation, Assisting Hands Home Care can provide 24 hour home care services, Live-in care, Overnight care, or individualized care according to your needs.
Assisting Hands Caregivers
Our caregivers are the heart of Assisting Hands Home Care. Each home health care specialist is an employee not an outside contractor. Our care givers are state licensed and specifically trained to provide in-home care. All caregivers are bonded, insured, and background checked. As well, each is certified in CPR, First Aid, and Fall Prevention. We provide continuous training to make sure our caregivers stay up-to-date with the ever changing medical landscape.
Our personal care and home care services include:
- Bath and shower assistance: including grooming activities such as shaving, brushing teeth and fixing hair.
- Dressing and grooming: including choosing appropriate garments and assisting with dressing and undressing.
- Meal planning and preparation: ensures your loved ones are eating healthily.
- Companionship: including help with phone calls, medication reminders, reading newspapers and engaging in conversation.
- Assistance with walking, getting fresh air, and moving.
- Grocery shopping and other errands such as picking up prescriptions, organizing mail, going to the post office and any routine personal errands.
- Light housekeeping, laundry and changing linens, including vacuuming, washing dishes, dusting, mopping floors and taking out the trash.
- Driving to doctor or other appointments, social activities and exercise appointments.
- Medication reminders as well as making sure the correct dosages are taken on time.
- Recommendation for and placement of assistive devices in the home and other mobility tips.
- Fall risk assessments and individualized fall prevention plans
- Home safety evaluations.
- Incontinence care.
- Relief and respite for family members
Assisting Hands will tailor our services to your specific needs. Consider the normal activities of your loved ones and let’s talk about ways we can help. The following page provides a full list of services.
Need More Info? Schedule a free consultation by clicking on the Book Now button at the top of this page, or give us a call in MD at 301-363-2580 or in VA at 703-556-8983.