Paying for Home Care with Long-Term Care Insurance
Do you have Long-Term Care Insurance?
If you or your loved one have Long-Term Care (LTC) insurance, it can help pay for home care services. It’s important to understand your policy before you file a claim, and Assisting Hands Home Care serving West Houston and Katy, Texas, can help.
Understanding the Long Term Care Insurance Claim Process
The need for long term care has expanded over the last 30 years, and now includes a wide array of services. Long term Care Insurance (LTCI) is one option to provide for this care. But for policyholders it can feel difficult and overwhelming to figure out how to benefit from your policy.
The claim filing process can be complex and in some cases there are a lot of steps for one to accomplish before being approved.
You May Be Eligible To Initiate the Claim Process If:
- You or your loved one needs assistance with two or more Activities of Daily Living (ADL). These tasks include eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, getting in and out of bed or chair, and bladder/bowel control.
- If the person receiving care has a cognitive impairment.
Questions to Think About Before Initiating a Claim:
- What is my elimination period*? Is it calendar days or service days? Is there a minimum amount of hours a day in order for it to count as a day of care?
- How many ADL’s do I require help with before I qualify?
- What is my daily, weekly, or monthly maximum? What is my total policy allowance?
- Do I have to continue paying premiums once I activate my policy?
- If I stop needing care or am hospitalized, does the elimination period start over?
Contact us today at 281-369-5858 to schedule a consultation and discover how Assisting Hands Home Care in West Houston and Katy, Texas, can help you unlock the full potential of your long-term care insurance policy. Your well-being and peace of mind are our top priorities!
*An elimination period is the timeframe when policyholders are responsible for their medical costs after a benefit is triggered.