The current coronavirus pandemic health crisis has upended many people’s plans and created uncertainty, especially for seniors who were evaluating alternative living arrangements, including outside of their long-time home, because they needed more assistance. The added concerns about infection has added further anxiety to this decision. For many seniors who are most susceptible to COVID-19, staying home is a very viable option – but they may need extra support to make it work. Families who, in the past, may have been willing and able to offer help, are often now struggling with home-schooling children and may have health concerns of their own that prevent them from stepping in.
Home care is a great option for those who need extra daily assistance but are delaying making a big move right now. Assisting Hands serving Columbus, OH has a team of professionals on hand to provide a wide variety of services:
- Ambulation Assistance
- Transfer Assistance
- Meal Time Assistance & Prep, including Food and hydration prompts through the day and night
- Medication Reminders
- Showering/Bed Bathing
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- Hospice Support
- Post Surgical Care
- Complete Bedside Care, Including toileting, repositioning, dressing and feeding if necessary
- Oral Care
- Personal Care & Grooming
- Grocery Shopping & Errands, Housekeeping
Seniors and their families can be confident that Assisting Hands serving Columbus are taking recommended health and hygiene precautions, including:
- Real time monitoring and compliance with current CDC Covid-19 protocols
- Care Management provided by RN’s, LPN’s and LSW’s
- Nurse triage and required health checks for caregivers before every shift
- 24 hours, 7 days a week care is available
- Leader in dementia certification program “A Positive Approach to Care” by Teepa Snow
- Compassionate STNA & CNA caregivers with proven experience
As seniors begin to receive home care services, it is important to include them in the conversation. We are also firmly committed to following our client’s lead in how they want their day to go, how much they want to help with things like meal preparation, and giving them as much autonomy as is safely possible.
If you are looking for caregiving alternatives, give Assisting Hands serving Columbus, OH a call. We can often have a caregiver in place in as little as 24 hours. Come home – or stay home – with home care.