Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete in-home care services in Bourbonnais, Sollitt, IL, and surrounding areas in Kankakee County to help seniors and adults with disabilities who have chosen to receive care at home. Our home caregivers will provide the personal care and assistance your loved ones need to ensure they can live safely and comfortably.
In past generations, seniors have found daily care in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. However, many seniors in the current generation are choosing to remain at home as they age to have more independence in their daily lives and stay in a comfortable environment.
To live at home safely, many seniors will still need some care and assistance. Some seniors may need help with certain personal activities and help around the house and those with chronic conditions or dementia will need more intensive care. Working with a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care will help you ensure that your loved ones get professional in-home care that allows them to live safely at home.
Non-Medical Home Health Care
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide complete non-medical home health care services to help seniors and adults who need care at home in Sollitt and Bourbonnais, Illinois. We create personalized home care plans to accommodate the needs of your loved ones and our licensed caregivers will ensure they get the care and assistance they need.
Our caregivers are trained, licensed, bonded, and insured and they have passed a background check so you can trust them in your loved one’s home. Our caregivers will always treat your loved ones with the compassion and respect they deserve.
Home Care Assistance
Our home care assistance services can include help with activities of daily living (ADLs) as well as assistance with instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) such as transportation and help around the home. We will first do an in-home evaluation to determine your loved one’s specific needs and create a comprehensive care plan that covers their needs. A caregiver will be chosen who can provide your loved ones with excellent care and companionship.
Our home care services can cover the following:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Personal hygiene and grooming: Our caregivers will help your loved ones with their personal hygiene and grooming activities including combing their hair and brushing their teeth.
- Bathing and showering: If your loved ones have a difficult time bathing, we can provide as much assistance as needed to help them with their bath or shower.
- Dressing: We can help your loved ones get dressed in the morning and each night before bed.
- Transferring: Our caregivers will help seniors with limited mobility to ensure they move around the house and get in and out of their bed, wheelchair, and vehicle safely.
- Continence care: We can help those who struggle with incontinence.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Self-Care Tasks to Maintain Independence
- Light housekeeping: We can help with light housekeeping activities including laundry, vacuuming, and taking out the trash.
- Meal preparation: Our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved ones that account for their dietary restrictions to ensure they get the nutrients they need.
- Medication reminders: Forgetting to take medication can result in complications that put seniors in the hospital. Our caregivers will remind your loved ones to take their medication at the proper time.
- Errands: Our caregivers will help your loved ones take care of important errands like medication pickups, grocery shopping, and others.
- Senior transportation: If your loved ones do not drive, our caregivers can provide transportation to ensure they make it to family events, doctor appointments, and other engagements.
In-Home Care Services from Assisting Hands
Our in-home care services are available in Bourbonnais, Sollitt, IL, and the surrounding areas.
Give us a call at 708-880-7711 to schedule a free consultation.
- 24-Hour Home Care and Live-In Care: We can help seniors and adults who need a caregiver present 24 hours a day with our 24-hour home care and live-in care services. Our live-in care services consist of our caregiver living in the home with your loved one and providing care throughout the day. Our 24-hour home care services are more intensive as our caregivers will switch shifts every 8 to 12 hours to ensure there is always an awake and alert caregiver present.
- After-Surgery Care: It is difficult to recover from surgery for anyone, especially seniors. Our caregivers can provide personal care and assistance for those returning home from surgery or a hospital stay to prevent setbacks and ensure a full recovery.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care: Those who are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia require specialized home care. Our caregivers can provide care for dementia patients in the familiar environment of their home, and we can help counteract many of the common symptoms and behaviors.
- Elderly Companion Care: Our caregivers do more than provide your loved ones with home care, they will also be a companion for your loved one. You can expect our caregivers to get to know your loved ones to develop a personal relationship and engage them in their favorite activities.
- Elderly Care and Senior Home Care: If your senior loved ones have decided to age in place, we can provide the comprehensive elderly home care they need to assist with ADLs and take care of other activities around the house.
- Hospice Care at Home: Our caregivers can provide personal care for your loved ones who are receiving hospice care. The care we provide will complement the care given by hospice care professionals.
- Overnight Home Care: If you don’t like to leave your loved ones home alone at night, we can help with our overnight home care services. Our caregiver will come to the home each evening and stay awake through the night to provide assistance as needed and respond to emergencies.
- Respite Care: It is important for family members who act as full-time caregivers for their loved ones to take some time off to rest and manage their personal affairs. We can relieve family caregivers with our respite care services in which we will take over the care while the family caregiver takes time off.
- Veteran Home Care: Home care for veterans and their spouses can be covered by VA benefits. We provide veteran home care for those who are eligible for VA benefits that can cover the cost of this care.
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care if you have senior loved ones who need home care services to continue living at home in Sollitt, Bourbonnais, and surrounding areas in Kankakee County, Illinois. You can reach us at (708) 880-7711 to schedule a free in-home consultation.