With the increase in the number of elderly citizens choosing to age in place, the demand for home health aides has increased significantly. This option has grown increasingly popular due to the ability for seniors who receive care at home to have more control of their lives.
Typically, senior citizens will need assistance as they age, such as help with cooking, transportation, light housekeeping and more. Our in-home caregivers specialize in providing non-medical health care services to allow them to live safely at home.
Home Care Agency
Our home care services are available in Mokena, IL and the surrounding areas. Give us a call at (872) 713-9707 to schedule a free consultation.
Our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured for your peace of mind. Before they are hired, they must pass an extensive background check and attend CPR-training and other home care training before meeting with clients. They will then be assigned to provide compassionate care and companionship according to your loved one’s needs and personality.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services in Mokena, IL
Our professionals will help your loved ones with a number of activities of daily living, known as ADLs, and instrumental activities of daily living, known as IADLs. During the initial consultation, we will assess the home as well as the needs of your loved one.
A care plan is then developed according to your loved one’s needs, followed by choosing a caregiver whom we believe is the best fit. Our non-medical home health care services include the following:
Activities of Daily Living: Basic Needs
- Continence Care: Our caregivers can help change and clean up your loved one following an incident of incontinence.
- Dressing: We will help your loved one change into day clothes in the morning and pajamas or comfortable clothes at night.
- Transferring: For seniors with limited mobility, we will help them get into and out of their chairs, wheelchairs and cars.
- Personal Grooming: It’s important to maintain physical appearance. Our caregivers can help with brushing hair and teeth, make up, and more.
- Bathing and showing: It can be difficult to shower and bathe properly as seniors age. But our caregivers can help where needed.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Self-Care Tasks
- Senior Transportation: Our caregivers can provide rides to and from the doctor’s office, appointments, family gatherings and more.
- Medication Reminders: We will remind your loved ones to take their medication on time.
- Meal Preparation: We will prepare healthy, delicious meals while taking into account any dietary restrictions to maintain good nutrition.
- Light Housework: Our caregivers can help dust, take out the garbage, sweep, mop and more to keep things tidy around the home.
(Click to see the Full List of Services)
Other Home Care Services from Assisting Hands
- 24/7 Home Care and Live-In Care: Our caregivers can either live with your loved one, sleeping as needed, or switch 12-hour shifts with another caregiver to be readily available 24/7.
- After-Surgery Care: Our caregivers can help around the home by preparing meals and conducting light house work so your loved one can rest and have a full recovery.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to provide positive reinforcement as well as guidance throughout the home if dementia patients wander.
- Companion Care: Our caregivers are always working to develop a sense of companionship as things can certainly get lonely around the house. Whether it’s playing their favorite game or having a great conversation, we want to establish a bond with your loved one.
- Respite Care: To provide family caregivers with a much-needed break, our caregivers can fill in where needed to provide high-quality, compassionate care.
- Hospice Care Assistance: Our caregivers are available to provide everything from companionship for loved ones during their final hours to just light housekeeping and meal preparation to allow families more time with their loved one.
- Veteran Home Care: Veterans and their spouses who qualify for VA benefits can have their home care services covered. Our caregivers can provide everything from light housekeeping to meal preparation to companionship while VA benefits cover the cost of care.
- Overnight Care for the Elderly: For families who worry about their loved one’s safety throughout the night, our caregivers can stay and watch over them. We can respond to any emergencies, provide guidance, and handle other needs throughout the night.
- Senior Home Care & Elder Care: Our caregivers can help with ADLs and IADLs for seniors who have chosen to age in place with our senior home care services.
For any of the home care services listed above in the Mokena, IL area, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (872) 713-9707.
- Non-Medical Home Health Care Bourbonnais IL
- Non-Medical Home Health Care Frankfort IL
- Non-Medical Home Health Care Matteson IL
- See All Served Areas