At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide elderly care services to help senior citizens in Chesterfield, VA area who have decided to age in place. Our licensed caregivers will provide effective care in the home of your elderly loved ones according to a care plan that is tailored to meet their specific needs.
When the elderly members of a family reach a point where they need care to continue living at home, their relatives are usually quick to step in and help. Relatives may help their elders with certain chores and errands as well as some personal care needs. While this arrangement may work out temporarily, families may need to get extra help when an elderly relative needs care each day to live at home. Home care providers can assist families in this position and allow their elderly relatives to safely and comfortably age in place.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides elderly care services in Chesterfield, VA to help seniors who have chosen to age in place. We will meet with you and your loved ones for an in-home consultation in which we will determine your loved one’s care needs so we can create a care plan tailored to their unique needs. Our caregivers have each passed a background check and they are qualified to provide effective and compassionate care for your loved ones.
Elderly Home Care – Chesterfield, VA
Our elderly care services start with an in-home consultation in which we will meet with you and your loved ones for a safety evaluation of the home and an assessment of their care needs. We will use the results of our assessment, as well as feedback from you and your loved ones, to create a care plan that ensures that your loved one’s care needs will be met so they can continue to live at home. After the care plan is complete, we will choose a caregiver who can provide the best possible care given the situation.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we base our work on Our Shared Values, which include kindness, compassion, integrity, creativity, and accountability. This means that our caregivers will be kind and compassionate to your loved ones and work with integrity when providing them with personal care. We will also ensure that your loved one’s care needs are met by creating effective care solutions and holding our caregivers accountable for their performance.
We can include the following in our elder care services:
- Personal Care
- Care Management
- Meal Preparation
- Errands and Transportation
- Light Housekeeping
- Live-In Care
- 24-Hour Care
Below is a detailed explanation of our elderly care services:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers will provide personal assistance to help your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) including restroom use, bathing, eating, and dressing.
- Fall Prevention: Falls in the home are the leading cause of injuries among seniors. We will greatly reduce the risk of falls in the home by helping your loved ones move around the home and keeping their path clear of obstacles.
- Light Housekeeping: We will keep the home of your oved one clean and orderly by handling light housekeeping tasks including vacuuming, dusting, emptying the trash, and laundry among others.
- Meal Preparation: If your loved ones cannot cook regular meals for themselves, our caregivers will prepare meals for them each day that follow their dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: It is common for elderly individuals to give up their driving privileges. If this is the case for your loved ones, we can help with our transportation services. Our caregivers will give your loved ones rides to doctor appointments and other important events and help them with their errands.
- Companionship: Being a companion to your loved ones is a major component of our caregiving services. Our caregivers will get to know your loved ones and build a personal relationship with them through friendly conversations and fun activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia benefit from receiving care in the familiar environment of their homes. Our caregivers are trained to provide care for those affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia, including memory exercises and personal care.
- Post-Surgical Care: We can help ease hospital to home transitions for your elderly loved ones who have recently returned home from a hospital stay.
- Respite Care: If there is a family caregiver who takes care of your elderly loved ones, we can assist them with our respite care services. Our caregiver will arrive at scheduled intervals to take over the care of your loved ones and allow the family caregiver some time off.
- Overnight Care: If you do not like to leave your elderly loved ones home alone at night, we can have a caregiver present through the night with our overnight care services. Our caregiver will arrive each evening and stay awake through the morning to provide assistance and respond to emergencies in the middle of the night.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: If your loved ones need a caregiver present 24 hours a day, our live-in and 24-hour care services are ideal. Our live-in care services involve two caregivers who alternate every 3-4 days and live in the home of your loved one. Our 24-hour care services involve two caregivers who alternate every 12 hours and stay awake their entire shifts.
Free In-Home Assessment
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care for a free in-home assessment if you have elderly relatives in Chesterfield, VA area who could benefit from our elderly care services. You can set up an appointment by calling us at (804) 533-6505.
Elderly Care Services at Home – Richmond, VA
Senior In Home Care – Richmond, VA
Elderly Care at Home – Chesterfield, VA
Senior Care at Home – Chesterfield, VA
Senior / Elder Care at Home – Henrico, VA