While most senior citizens are choosing to age in place when they reach retirement, many of them cannot do this on their own. Seniors may need assistance with simple things like cleaning the home or running errands which can be easily handled by family members. However, their needs will grow as seniors may eventually need help with personal care and grooming, requiring full-time care within the home. It is very difficult for many families to provide full-time care for their aging loved ones. Professional caregivers like those at Assisting Hands Home Care can provide your loved ones with full-time care to address all their needs.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we help senior citizens in Henrico, VA live at home with our elderly home care services. We begin these services with an in-home consultation to fully understand the needs of your loved ones and create a personalized care plan that accommodates their needs. Our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured and they have each passed an extensive background check so you can trust them to provide effective care for your elder loved ones.
Senior Home Care in Henrico, VA
When you call us for elderly home care services, we will schedule an in-home assessment. During the assessment, our staff will meet with you and your loved ones and evaluate their specific care needs. We then make sure the care plan is tailored to accommodate their specific needs and we create the plan with feedback from you and your loved ones. Our care plans are flexible so they can be adjusted when care needs change and they will include a schedule for our caregiver. You can trust that our caregiver will not only provide your loved ones with excellent care, but also with quality companionship.
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care will always exhibit Our Shared Values of kindness, compassion, integrity, creativity, and accountability. Your loved ones will be treated with kindness and compassion by our caregivers and we will provide the care they need with integrity. If your loved ones are facing specific challenges, we will create a solution to overcome the challenge and each one of our caregivers is held accountable for their work.
Our elder care services include but are not limited to the following:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: If you have senior loved ones who are affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia, it is best for them to receive care in their own homes. Our caregivers can effectively care for those suffering from these conditions and we can help slow their memory loss by engaging with them in memory exercises.
- Post-Surgical Care: If your loved ones have returned home from a hospital stay, we can help ease the transition by providing personal care that includes condition monitoring and medication reminders.
- Overnight Care: Leaving your elderly loved ones home alone at night can be nerve racking because no one is there to help if there is an emergency. With our overnight care services, our caregiver will arrive each evening and stay awake throughout the night to provide any assistance needed.
- Live-In / 24-Hour Care: Some seniors have chronic conditions or care needs that require someone to be present 24 hours a day. With our live-in and 24-hour care services, one of our caregivers will be in the home of your loved ones, 24 hours a day. We can assign a caregiver to live in the home of your loved ones or assign two caregivers who alternate 12 hour shifts to provide more attentive care.
- Respite Care: Our caregivers can help those who provide informal care for their loved ones with our respite care services. We will schedule regular times for our caregivers to come and provide care for your loved ones and allow the family caregiver some time off.
We can personalize your loved one’s home care plan with the following services:
- Personal Care and Assistance: Many seniors have trouble handling Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) like restroom use, bathing, and other personal hygiene activities. Our caregivers will provide as much or as little assistance needed to help your loved ones with their ADLs.
- Companionship: Seniors need quality social companionship as much as they need effective home care. Our caregivers will be a companion to your loved ones, building a personal relationship with them through friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Fall Prevention: Falls within the home are very common among senior citizens and they can lead to serious injuries. Our caregivers can help prevent falls in the home by clearing trip hazards and helping your loved ones move around.
- Meal Preparation: If your elderly loved ones cannot cook for themselves, they are at high risk of malnutrition. Our caregivers will prepare regular meals for your loved ones that follow their dietary restrictions.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help keep the home clean and sanitary by taking care of light housekeeping duties such as laundry, vacuuming, and dusting.
- Transportation and Errands: Our caregivers can help seniors who no longer drive by providing them with transportation services. We will drive your loved ones to doctor appointments and family gatherings and assist with grocery shopping and other errands.
Free In-Home Consultation
If your elderly loved ones in Henrico, VA area could benefit from our senior home care services, give Assisting Hands a call at (804) 500-9787. We will schedule a free in-home consultation to begin our services.
Elderly Care Services at Home – Richmond, VA
Senior In Home Care – Richmond, VA
Elderly Care at Home – Chesterfield, VA
Senior Care at Home – Chesterfield, VA
Senior / Elder Care at Home – Henrico, VA