Assisting Hands Richmond is a trusted home care agency that provides complete non-medical home health care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Richmond, VA and the surround areas. Our caregivers are licensed and trained to provide quality home care assistance that meets the unique care needs of your loved ones.
Seniors have been choosing to age in their homes in overwhelming numbers instead of seeking care at nursing homes or assisted living facilities. When seniors make this choice, their family members may step in to provide them with the care they need to make living at home easier. They may be able to help with chores around the home or by giving their loved ones rides, but it is difficult for families to provide adequate care for their elderly loved ones once they need daily personal care. Fortunately, home care agencies have answered the call to provide in-home care services for those who choose to live their retirement years at home.
Assisting Hands Richmond provides home care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Richmond, VA and the surrounding communities. Our staff will work with you and your loved ones to determine their unique care needs and create a care plan that covers these needs and allows them to age in place. Our caregivers have each passed an extensive background check and they have received the training and license to provide effective and compassionate in home care.
Our Shared Values
At Assisting Hands Richmond, our dedication to providing quality and compassionate home care can be seen in Our Shared Values: kindness, compassion, integrity, creativity, and accountability. You can trust our caregivers to always treat you and your loved ones with kindness and compassion and provide intimate care with integrity. Our staff will also get creative when forming care plans for your loved ones and we hold our work to a high standard, holding every one of our staff members and caregivers accountable.
You can expect quality care, compassion, and the utmost respect from our home care providers in the home of your loved ones.
In Home Care Services
Our home care plans are customized to cover the unique care needs of senior citizens and adults with disabilities. The following may be included with our in-home care services:
- Care Management: Managing the care of a loved one can be difficult when there is medication and doctor appointments to worry about. Our caregivers will help keep care plans, schedules, medication reminders, and transportation to doctor visits under control.
- Personal Care: Many seniors may reach a point where they cannot handle important self-care tasks like bathing, using the restroom, and getting dressed. Our caregivers can assist with these personal tasks to help your loved ones maintain their grooming habits.
- Meal Preparation: Many seniors cannot cook for themselves for various reasons. Our caregivers will prepare daily meals for your loved ones and take their dietary restrictions into consideration when making their meals.
- Errands and Grocery Shopping: We can help those who no longer drive by providing transportation. We can give your loved ones rides to doctor appointments and family parties and we will help complete necessary errands.
- Light Housekeeping: Taking care of housekeeping tasks can be especially difficult for seniors with cognitive or physical limitations. Our caregivers will do certain housekeeping tasks to keep the home clean.
- Companionship: The most important element of our home care services is the companionship we provide for our clients. Our caregivers see themselves as friends for your loved ones and will build a relationship with them through conversation and fun activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Those who struggle with Alzheimer’s and dementia need to receive care in their own home, but they require specialized care. Our caregivers are trained to provide memory care services for those affected by these conditions.
- Respite Care: There are many instances in which family members provide care for their elderly relatives themselves. However, they may need assistance to help provide care so they can take some time off. With our respite care services, we will work with family caregivers to provide them with relief.
- Live-In / 24-Hour Care: Some seniors need someone to be present in the home 24 hours a day to respond to problems or emergencies. We can provide round the clock care with our live-in and 24-hour care services. With our live-in care services, a caregiver will live at the home but sleep each night. With our 24-hour care services, two caregivers switch off every 12 hours and stay awake their entire shifts.
- Overnight Care: If your loved ones cannot be left alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. Our caregiver will arrive in the evening to help with bedtime routines and stay awake through the night to provide assistance or respond to emergencies.
- Post-Operative Care: Hospital to home transitions are difficult, especially for seniors. If your loved one has recently returned from the hospital, we can provide the care they need to transition back home and avoid setbacks that can send them back to the hospital.
Once we have assessed the care needs of your loved ones and developed a care plan to cover their needs, we will assign a caregiver who can provide your loved ones with the home care assistance they need. We can send another caregiver right away if the primary caregiver is sick or taking time off.
Schedule a Free Home Care Assistance Consultation
Make sure you talk to our home care providers at Assisting Hands if you have loved ones in the Richmond, VA area who could benefit from our home care services. Give us a call at (804) 533-6505 to schedule a free in-home consultation.