We offer the following services:
- Elderly Care / Senior Home Care
- Non-Medical Home Health Care / Home Care
- Home Help with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs):
- Personal Care / Bathing / Dressing
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
- Medication Reminders / Prescription Pickups
- Accompany to Doctor Appointments
- Companion Care
- Dementia Home Care
- Respite Care
- After Surgery Home Care / Post-Operative Home Care
- 24-Hour Care / Live-In Care
Home is a sanctuary for many people, and it is the place where they are most comfortable. But living at home can become tough for seniors to do safely. This is especially so if seniors have limited mobility, illnesses, or a chronic condition. While elderly individuals can receive care from a nursing home or an assisted living facility, they are increasingly choosing to age in place. To live at home safely, seniors can get help from a home care agency. Non-medical home health care services allow seniors to live at home and maintain some independence while getting the help they require.
Full-Service Home Care Agency
Call (262) 510-0905 to reach Assisting Hands Home Care for the professional in-home care services we provide for special needs adults and elderly individuals in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
With our in-home care services, Assisting Hands Home Care agency can help seniors in and around New Berlin, WI, who are aging in place. We start by meeting with you and your loved one to create a care plan customized to their specific care needs. Our caregivers will then carry out that plan, providing help at the client’s home.
Before employment, each of our caregivers needs to pass a background check and do further training. Our caregivers are also bonded, insured, and licensed. This ensures that only the best, most qualified professionals work with your loved ones, treating them in a respectful and compassionate manner. Additionally, our home health aides have First Aid training, are CPR-certified, and are prepared to handle emergencies.
Complete Non-Medical Home Health Care Services in New Berlin
When we create care plans for clients, we always customize them to meet their unique care needs. The following are among the services we can include within our home care plans:
- Personal Care and Grooming: Seniors know that self-care is a priority but conducting personal care tasks can be difficult for them to do. From bathing to getting dressed, our caregivers will help with such activities to ensure your loved ones maintain their personal hygiene and appearance.
- Care Management: Aside from following the care plan and schedule, our caregivers will coordinate care with any family caregivers, provide transportation to appointments and events, and provide medication reminders.
- Companion Care: In addition to providing care, our caregivers will also double as companions to your loved ones. We participate in their favorite hobbies and activities and develop a personal relationship with them.
- Light Housekeeping: People with illnesses or chronic conditions can have a hard time trying to take care of their home. Our caregivers will help maintain a clean and tidy home by doing light housekeeping work.
- Meal Preparation: Caregivers will make sure your loved ones get daily meals by handling meal preparation responsibilities. This is especially important for clients who cannot make their own meals. We consider any dietary restrictions, prepare and serve the meals, and clean up afterward.
- Errands and Transportation: If your loved one does not drive, then our caregivers can provide rides. Whether clients need to see family, go to the doctor, or just run errands, we can help through our transportation services.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Alzheimer’s and dementia patients require constant care to ensure they are safe at home, and we can accommodate that need. Our caregivers have been trained to provide specialized care to your loved ones. We will also have clients do memory care exercises that are designed to slow the progression of memory loss.
- Post-Hospital Care: Whether it is due to a surgery or illness, coming home from the hospital can be a tough transition. Our caregivers will provide care and assistance to ensure your loved one can make a full recovery without setbacks.
- Respite Care: A lot of adults are cared for by a loved one, but caregiving is a demanding responsibility. As such, we can provide relief to family caregivers through the respite care services we offer. One of our caregivers will come to your loved one’s home at a scheduled time, allowing the family caregiver to take a break.
- Overnight Home Care: Sometimes, seniors cannot safely be left at home during the nighttime. In such a situation, we offer overnight care services that can help. Our caregivers come to your loved one’s home at night and stay awake throughout the night, available to provide help and respond to emergencies.
- Live-In Caregivers/24-Hour Home Care: We provide live-in and 24-hour home care services to assist those individuals who require constant care. In our live-in services, a caregiver will live at the client’s home for 3-4 days before switching shifts. The caregiver provides help throughout the day and sleeps at night. In our 24-hour home care services, a caregiver will work a 12-hour shift before switching with another one, ensuring a caregiver is available to help no matter the time of day.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care for a Free In-Home Consultation
To begin, we will conduct a complimentary in-home consultation. During this, we meet to assess your loved one’s care needs. Using this information, we develop a customized care plan for our non-medical home health care services. The care plan includes a care schedule, the assigned caregiver, and an alternate caregiver. If care needs change, we can adjust the plan to accommodate.
Call (262) 510-0905 to learn more or to schedule a free consultation for the in-home care services that Assisting Hands Home Care provides in New Berlin, WI, and the neighboring areas.