Seniors and individuals with disabilities in Wauwatosa, WI can receive full-service in-home care from Assisting Hands Home Care. Our qualified and certified caregivers, including home health aides (HHA), certified nurse assistants (CNA), and senior companions, will look after your loved ones to make sure they receive the assistance they require to live comfortably at home.
- Senior Care/ Elderly Care
- Home Care/ Non-Medical Home Health Care
- Daily Assistance with the ADLs – Activities of Daily Living:
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping/ Picking Up Prescriptions / Other errands
- Laundry / Light Housekeeping
- Personal Care
- Accompany on Walks
- Take to Doctor Appointments
- Medication Reminders/
- Please click to see the full list of other home care services.
- Companion Care
- Parkinson’s Home Care
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care / Memory Care at Home
- Respite Care / Overnight Home Care
- Live-In Care / 24-Hour Home Care
- Post-Operative Care / After Surgery Care / Post Hospitalization Care
- Hospice Home Care
Your loved ones will receive compassionate care from our trained, bonded, and insured caregivers, as well as heartfelt companionship. You and your loved ones can feel safe and supported by our in-home caregivers.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services from Assisting Hands
For professional non-medical home health care services in Wauwatosa, WI, please call (262) 510-0905 for a free in-home consultation.
Assisting Hands Home Care helps both seniors who want to age in place and people with disabilities. We make sure to always meet each and every one of the needs of those in our care.
The following can be included in the non-medical home health care we provide for your loved ones:
- Personal Care/ Custodial Care: Your loved ones will receive assistance from our personal caregivers with daily routines including dressing, bathing, and other personal hygiene responsibilities.
- Meal Preparation: To make sure your loved ones eat nutritiously; our caregivers will prepare their favorite meals. Preparing, and serving meals also involves cleaning up afterward.
- Transportation and Errands: Some seniors and adults with disabilities might not be able to drive. To get our clients to events like doctor visits and family reunions, our caregivers can offer rides. We may also assist with errands like grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, and other tasks.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregiver may assist with simple housekeeping chores like dusting, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, laundry, and taking out the garbage to keep the house tidy.
- Companion Care: In addition to providing care for your loved ones, our caregivers will also act as their companion. To establish a personal connection with our clients, we engage them in amiable discussion and enjoyable activities.
- Care for persons with Alzheimer’s and other kinds of dementia: It’s crucial that those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia receive competent care in their own homes. Our caregivers are trained to assist dementia patients with memory care, including memory activities that are vital for mental stimulation.
- Parkinson’s Home Care: Our Parkinson’s caregivers are trained to assist people with Parkinson’s disease with daily living activities (ADLs) and household chores as part of their care.
- Respite Care: With our respite care services, we can relieve the family caregiver who is looking after your loved one. At designated times, a trained and certified caregiver from our agency will arrive to take over caregiving duties from the family caregiver.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: When someone returns home from the hospital following an illness or surgery, it is important for them to rest and follow their discharge instructions to make a recovery. Our caregivers will help ensure that your loved ones follow their instructions and take their medications while getting enough rest to make a full recovery.
- 24-Hour In-Home Care | Live-In Caregivers: For seniors and disabled adults who need a caregiver present 24 hours a day, we can help with our 24-hour and live-in care services. Our live-in care services include a caregiver who lives at the home with your loved ones for 3-4 days at a time and our 24-hour care services include multiple caregivers who switch shifts in a 24-hour period, so a caregiver is always awake in the home.
- Hospice Home Care: Our caregivers can use complementary home hospice services to support older adults and adults with hospice care. We provide personal care and support, as well as meal preparation, laundry, and other household chores not covered by traditional hospice care.
We provide home care that is custom fit to the needs of each individual user. Our in-home care services are available to:
- Seniors aging in place
- Expectant mothers (we do not have a pediatric license)
- Disabled adults
- Hospice patients
- Seniors and adults recovering from surgery
In-Home Care Assessment
We start our home care services with a complimentary in-home care assessment. A member of our staff will meet with you and your loved ones in their home to assess their care needs as well as the safety of the home. This allows us to create a comprehensive care plan that will accommodate the unique care needs of your loved ones.
The care plan is created with input from you and your loved ones. We will also form a care schedule that works for everyone involved and assign a caregiver who can best cover your loved one’s needs. We understand that people’s needs may change over time and our care plans are flexible enough to be adjusted.
Our in-home caregivers are trained and licensed to provide quality, compassionate care and they are bonded and insured. You can expect our caregivers to tend to the personal care needs of your loved ones, help with tasks around the home, and be a trusted companion by building a personal relationship with them.
Call Assisting Hands for In-Home Care Assessment
If you know someone who could benefit from professional in-home care, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to set up a free in-home assessment. You can reach us at (262) 510-0905 for in-home care services in Wauwatosa, WI.