These programs provide cutting-edge dementia and Alzheimer’s training for family members who are caring for loved ones with brain diseases and need a more personalized approach for their loved ones’ individual situations. Attendees are taught practical techniques (Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach to Care) for interacting with their loved ones so they can add life to their years. Our PAC-certified dementia experts will work with up to three family members in your home.
“I can’t even begin to express how this training has helped enhance things at home for Mom but also has given our family members much needed insight, direction, and focus for all things related to Mom and her care.”
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD PDF
$800 per person includes:
- Four one-hour training sessions
- Two virtual meetings
- Training for up to three family caregivers
- Provided in your home
Learn How to Understand Senior Loved Ones Better
- Interacting with and meeting them where they are in the progression of their brain disease
- Ways to do things “with” them instead of “to” them
- Techniques for connecting with loved ones to attain positive outcomes
- Practical tips for everyday caregiving
Understand How to Approach Loved Ones
- Identify how the stage of your loved one’s brain disease determines the most effective methods of care
- Gain awareness of what triggers certain behaviors
- Learn adaptable techniques for connecting with loved ones in ways that prevent escalation and reduce anxiety
- Practical suggestions for interacting in positive ways that promote a safe, calm environment
Counseling Sessions for Families
Our experts will meet with you and other family members at on off-site location away from your senior loved one with dementia to talk about your unique circumstances. These counseling sessions can take place at our Assisting Hands training facility, at your private home, or by video conference.
- $200 at our Assisting Hands training facility (video conferencing is available)
- $250 at your private home
*Video conferencing is available. All rates are per hour.
We know how valuable your time is, so if you need additional assistance or you want more information about a specific technique, we’re here to help! Simply reach out to us, and we’ll schedule a phone consultation for you with one of our specialists.
Cost: $50 for a call up to 30 minutes or $100 for an hour-long consultation
*Assisting Hands Home Care reserves the right to adjust pricing and services at our discretion.