Senior Care Management
Hiring a caregiver is never an easy decision. It is hard on the one receiving the aid because it takes away from their independence, and it is difficult on family members who often recognize the need for care coordination, but wish it was not the case. Here at Assisting Hands Schaumburg, we approach care management with these feelings in mind. At the end of the day, we all want what is best for you and your loved ones, and we do what we can to ease all parties involved into this enormous transition.
Caregiving is more than handling the day to day necessities for elderly individuals; it is like adding another member to the family. This is what we keep in mind when we are asked to provide senior care management services. The last thing anybody in this situation needs is a rude or even patronizing care provider.
When you choose Assisting Hands Schaumburg for care management services, you can expect the following:
- Initial Assessment: Everybody is different, and everybody has specific needs. Our care coordinators visit each client at their residence in order to evaluate their condition, discuss options, and develop a plan for future care.
- Benefit Determination: There are a variety of resources and programs available to seniors that many are unaware of. Among them include:
- Private Health Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Medicare/Medicaid Services
- VA Pensions
- Development and Ongoing Plan of Care: When we determine how to proceed with a Plan of Care, we will consider all orders and recommendations from your physicians, healthcare providers, case managers, and our own initial assessment. This plan will contain the services required and recommended, the proposed frequency, the individual costs of services, various supplies and equipment needed, and potential payment sources.
- Care Management: Our elder care management includes non-medical home care servicing in the comfort and familiarity of your own place of residence. We also assist with the coordination and referral of other needed services (e.g. Home Modifications, Durable Medical Equipment, Medical Alert Systems, Transportation Services, Community Based Programs, Doctor’s Appointments, etc.).
As we stated before, we understand how hard it can be to hire care coordination providers. However, we hope that you will come to know us more as a part of the family with time.
To utilize our care management services, contact our representatives here at Assisting Hands at (224) 258-0736. We provide full senior care management services for those in the Schaumburg, IL area in order to ensure greater peace of mind for you and your loved ones during this difficult transition.