At Assisting Hands Home Care, we are offering virtual home care services for senior citizens in Schaumburg, IL and the surrounding areas through our EnsureConnect program. Through these services, one of our virtual caregivers will visit with your loved ones via a phone call, video chat, or FaceTime. We can ensure your senior loved ones stay connected and can still receive care and assistance while remaining in place to reduce their risk of becoming affected by COVID-19.
Virtual Home Care in Schaumburg
With our virtual home health care services, your loved ones will be in regular contact with our compassionate home caregivers. Our caregivers will build and maintain a personal relationship with your loved one to give them a social connection while in isolation, and we can provide advice and assistance to help them manage their physical limitations, medications, and health issues.
Our virtual home care visits are conducted over the phone (mobile and landlines), through FaceTime, or through other video chat platforms. Our virtual caregiver will help with the following:
- Reduce isolation: Seniors already tend to deal with feelings of isolation and the current pandemic may make this worse. Our caregivers will reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation by engaging your loves ones in stimulating conversations, playing virtual games, reading favorite books, and other activities.
- Wellness checks: Our virtual caregivers are trained to monitor your loved one’s overall wellness through guided conversations. We will be able to detect changes in mood or mental status as well as physical changes through video chats.
- Help with personal care: While we won’t be there in person, we will help your loved ones with their physical and mental limitations with advice to help manage symptoms as well as reminders to exercise and take medication.
- Assistance: We can provide assistance to help your loved ones coordinate home deliveries for food and other supplies and arrange transportation when needed.
- Communication: We will keep you and your family updated on the wellbeing of your loved ones and let you know of any changes we observe in their mental or physical condition.
How to Get Virtual Home Health Care
Our virtual home health care is an ideal option for seniors who are remaining in place to avoid COVID-19 but who still need social connection as well as someone to check up on them and provide assistance if needed. If you are interested in virtual home care for your senior loved ones, follow these steps to sign up:
- Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 448-0844 to set up the service and e-sign the service agreement.
- Create a schedule with our staff that works for you and your loved ones.
- If your loved ones prefer receiving a phone call, you will need to provide us with the best number to reach your loved ones.
- If you prefer FaceTime chats, we will need the smartphone number to reach your loved ones.
- For video chats, we will email a link to connect to the chat. Your loved one will need a computer or tablet that has a microphone and camera.
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care
If you have elderly loved ones living in isolation who could benefit from being connected to a trained, compassionate caregiver, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to learn more about our virtual home care services through our EnsureConnect program. This service is great for seniors who are currently social distancing alone or as a complement to our in-home care services.
You can reach us at (847) 448-0844 for more information about how virtual home care can benefit your loved ones in Schaumburg, IL. We also provide free estimates.