Assisting Hands Home Care in Siesta Key, FL
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care services in Siesta Key, Florida to help people suffering from all forms of dementia. We will make sure that your loved ones can live safely and comfortably at home by providing effective care and responding to the common behaviors of dementia.
There are more than 5 million Americans affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia which makes these conditions quite common among senior citizens. Dementia may start out minor, but it is a progressive disease that will get worse over time. Those affected will have short term memory problems at first but soon their long-term memory will be affected, and they may lose awareness of their environment.
It is beneficial for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia to get care in their own homes because their comfort and familiarity at home help them feel the comfort and support from professionals. Working with a home care agency that specializes in providing care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients will benefit those affected and their families. Our fully trained and certified staff are available to offer support for individuals suffering from these very difficult diseases.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides Alzheimer’s and dementia care services in Siesta Key, FL to help provide effective home care for those affected by all forms of dementia at (941) 444-2515. Our caregivers understand how these diseases develop and they will provide the care necessary to counteract common behaviors and keep your loved ones comfortable. We can provide personal care for your loved ones and keep their minds stimulated with memory exercises.
Dementia Symptoms and Alzheimer’s Disease in Siesta Key, FL
Dementia is a general term for degenerative diseases that affect memory and cognitive abilities. Alzheimer’s disease is a specific type of dementia that is responsible for between 60 and 80 percent of all dementia cases. It is important to watch for signs of dementia from your elderly relatives, especially if there is a history of dementia in your family.
Here at Assisting Hands Home Care, we will make life easier with care and support for you and your loved ones that are suffering from this arduous and emotionally burdening disease. Our staff will be there for you every step of the way during these challenging times.
The following are common signs of dementia to watch for:
- Forgetfulness: It is common for seniors to have short term memory lapses as this is a normal sign of aging. However, consistent problems with short term memory may be a sign of early dementia.
- Agitation: Outbursts of agitation and mood swings are common among Alzheimer’s and dementia patients as they realize their limitations.
- Wandering: Dementia patients may wander when they become confused about where they are, and this can be dangerous if they are unattended or manage to leave their property.
- Incontinence: Those in the later stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia may lose control of bodily functions, leading to incontinence.
Our caregivers not only provide needed personal care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients but also react to agitation and mood swings to temper their moods and keep them comfortable. We will also intercept your loved ones when they begin to wander.
Assisting Hands Memory Care Services in Siesta Key, FL
Our staff at Assisting Hands Home Care will begin our support by evaluating the care needs of your loved ones. We will also be collaborating with you to form a complete care plan that covers their needs. Our caregivers will always treat your loved ones with respect, and we can respond to common behaviors with positive reinforcement to help keep them as happy and comfortable as possible. Together, we will make lives easier and more fulfilling for you and your loved ones during these difficult times.
Our memory care services in Siesta Key, FL consist of the following:
- Companionship: Seeing familiar, friendly faces can be beneficial for those with dementia. Our caregiver will be a companion for your loved one and build a connection with them through friendly conversation and mentally stimulating activities.
- Meal preparation: We can prepare meals for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia as they should not cook for themselves. We will follow their dietary restrictions and handle the cleanup as well as the preparation.
- Personal care: We can provide personal care and assistance including help with dressing, toileting, bathing, transferring, and other activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Wandering: If your loved ones begin to wander, we will walk with them to prevent falls and ensure that they stay within the property.
- Medication reminders: We will make sure your loved ones always take their medication.
Contact Us for Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in Siesta Key, FL
Caring for loved ones suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia is difficult. Our caregivers have experience providing home care for dementia and Alzheimer’s patients and we can make sure your loved ones live the best quality life possible at home. You can Call Assisting Hands Home Care 24/7 at (941) 444-2515 for Alzheimer’s and dementia care in Siesta Key, FL area.
Related Home Care Services:
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in Bradenton, FL
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in Longboat Key, FL
Elderly Home Care in Siesta Key, FL
Personal Care and Companionship in Siesta Key, FL
Senior Home Care for Siesta Key, FL
Home Care Services – Siesta Key, FL