Assisting Hands Home Care helps senior veterans and their spouses who need care in Winnetka, IL and the surrounding areas by providing VA home care services. Those who are eligible for VA benefits can use these benefits to cover the cost of their home care.
VA Home Care Winnetka, IL
Veterans who have served in the U.S. armed forces and their spouses who are over the age of 65 may be eligible for VA benefits through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. These benefits are offered to help senior veterans cover the cost of care as they age and those who are qualified must apply with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs to receive these benefits. Seniors who are receiving VA benefits can apply them to help cover the cost of home care from Assisting Hands Home Care.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides VA home care services for senior veterans and their spouses who need home health care in Winnetka, IL. Our trained and licensed caregivers will help you or your loved ones live comfortably at home by providing compassionate care and companionship. If you or your loved ones are interested in receiving home care with your VA benefits, one of our representatives will work with you to determine your care needs and how your benefits can be applied to help cover the cost of care.
VA Pension Benefits
Before seniors can get VA home care from Assisting Hands Home Care, they need to apply for a VA pension with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Veterans who receive a VA pension can then use their benefits to help offset the costs of home care services. In order to be eligible for a VA pension, veterans must meet the following criteria:
- Veterans and their spouses must be at least 65 years of age or older
- Veterans must have at least one day of service in a time of war
- Surviving spouses must have been married to the veteran at the time of their death
- Veterans must have less than $123,600 in their retirement account
- The combined monthly income must be below $3000 for married couples, $2600 for a single veteran, and $2000 for the surviving spouse of a veteran
You may also be asked the following questions when applying for VA benefits:
- Will you be living at home for the next year and if you do not live at home, do you have a date in which you plan to return home?
- Do you receive or have you applied for VA benefits for wounds suffered during military service?
- Do you need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)?
Assisting Hands Home Care offers the following VA care programs for eligible veterans and their spouses:
VA Home Health Aid (HHA) Homemaker/ Home Health Program
Veterans who choose our VA Home Health program can receive 12 hours of home care each week. Before receiving care for this program, veterans and their spouses need to complete an evaluation for geriatric extended care (GEC) by an interdisciplinary panel that includes a medical doctor (MD), registered nurse (RN), and a social worker (SW).
The following criteria must also be met:
- Dependent on assistance for 3 or more activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Experience significant cognitive impairment
VA Respite Care
In some cases, senior veterans and their spouses may only need temporary or part time care if they also receive care from a family member. Our VA respite care program is ideal for veterans in this position. Those applying for this program must complete an interdisciplinary assessment for geriatric extended care and meet the following criteria:
- Dependency for 3 or more ADLs
- Significant cognitive impairment
Call Assisting Hands Home Care for VA Home Care
Veterans and spouses of veterans who receive VA benefits can call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 908-1525 for our VA home care services.
We will send a representative to your home for a free consultation in which we will discuss how your VA benefits can be applied to our home care services and evaluate your care needs.