In-Home Elder Care Services in Pewaukee
All family members want the best level of care for their loved one when the need arises. Some families designate specific family caregivers to provide the home care services, but this situation isn’t always possible. Depending on their specific needs, a professional may be needed to take care of some of these responsibilities.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides full elderly care services in Pewaukee, WI to help them age in place safely and comfortably. Our staff will first assess the needs of your loved one, followed by creating a detailed care plan and scheduled times for them to take place. A caregiver will then be chosen to provide those services as well as become a companion for your loved one.
Our elderly care plans may include all of the following:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers are available to assist with a number of personal care tasks, including using the restroom, getting dressed, bathing, and other self-care tasks.
- Fall Prevention: We will prevent the risk of falling by clearing away any obstructions in the walkways and guiding them throughout the home.
- Elderly Companions: Our caregivers see their jobs as more than just providing services; we aim to build a personal connection and become your loved one’s companion, keeping them engaged in fun activities and fun conversation.
- Meal Preparation: Seniors may not be getting the nutrition they need if they are not cooking or eating healthy. Our caregivers can provide frequent, nutritious meals while keeping any dietary restrictions in mind.
- Transportation and Errands: If your elderly loved one is no longer able to drive, we can take them to and from their doctor’s appointments and other events as well as help them run errands.
- Light Housekeeping: Keeping the home clean is important but it’s not always something that can be accomplished from your loved one. If needed, our caregivers can do the sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash, dusting, laundry, and washing dishes to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Respite Care: Family caregivers often feel burnt out after spending long hours with their elderly loved ones. Our caregivers can ease their responsibilities, taking over at scheduled times to allow them to attend to their personal matters.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Those who suffer from Alzheimer’s and dementia will always benefit from home care as they can stay within an environment that is familiar to them. They are also trained to respond positively when common symptoms occur, such as agitation and mood swings.
- Hospice Home Care: It’s so important to be there for your loved one during their final days, but it can be difficult to do that if you’re managing other tasks. Our caregivers can help to keep your loved one comfortable while you manage end of life affairs and focus on spending as much time with them as possible.
See the Full List of Services
Give Assisting Hands Home Care a call if you have a loved in the Pewaukee, WI area who could benefit from elderly home care services. We are available at (262) 721-1155 to schedule a free consultation.