When your loved one is living with the challenges of any type of cognitive impairment, he or she may have…
After you have decided the type of care needed and created a list of appropriate agencies, it’s now time to evaluate and compare them. Interview each agency and be sure to ask lots of questions.
At Assisting Hands – Serving Boca Delray, we suggest you try to match the personality of the caregiver with that of the person receiving care. Read more about our Job Compatibility Analysis.
Here are some considerations:
- Compatibility of your loved one and the caregiver?
- Willingness of loved one to accept a caregiver?
- Will the caregiver treat your loved one with respect and dignity?
- Is the caregiver qualified and capable of handling any situation that may arise?
- Can the caregiver prepare appropriate meals?
- Does your loved one need a nurse for medical treatments—dressing changes on wounds or pressure sores, IV therapy, diabetes monitoring?
- Will driving be required to do errands like shopping, going to medical appointments plus any other transportation need?
There are many other factors to consider when it comes to matching the right client with the right caregiver. Home Care Pulse™ has put together the following list, based on the feedback Home Care Pulse™ receives from caregivers and those clients receiving care services.
Hope you enjoyed the reading. Please share it, and feel free to leave comments or contact me directly at [email protected] with specific or more personal questions.
In March 2018, AARP noted that people who have a circle of family and close friends tend to be physically…
Most people know that one of the most effective ways to protect the skin from sun damage, including sunburns and…