Recently one of our clients inspired us to launch an exceptional service specifically designed to reverse cognitive decline. It is a…
Recognizing your grandparents for their accomplishments and contributions to your life, your family and society as a whole, can turn into one of the most fulfilling experience for you and your grandparents. It’s the chance to acknowledge them for their sacrifice and love, after all without them, you would have not been brought into existence.
The opportunity to reach out to an untapped source of history and life experience, bring joy and kindness to a loving member of your family and make a difference in their life that means so much to us, grandchildren.
More Than One Moment in Time
Celebrated on September 13th, the National Grandparents’ Day is a secular holiday in the United States since 1978 and officially recognized in a number of countries on various days of the year, either as one holiday or sometimes as a separate Grandmothers’ Day and Grandfathers’ Day. One celebrates both paternal and maternal grandparents.
How to Show Your Appreciation for Providing a Safe and Loving Home
Making a positive impact on your grandparents’ lives is easier than it sounds. Here are some ideas:
- Visit your grandparents, read and talk about your their stories together as a grandfamily
- Let your grandparents and other older people in your life know you think they are special.
- Volunteer with and advocate on behalf of another generation.
- Encourage your friends and family to swap their regular Facebook profile or cover photos with one that includes their grandparents and keep it up throughout an entire week.
- Invite your grandparents to lunch or dinner, and plan a special intergenerational service at your faith-based community during this time.
Recognizing, honoring, and thanking your grandparents can make a difference in their lives. As they become senior citizens they will need the support of the younger generations. It’s important to let them know that you will be there for them. But why not celebrate Grandparents Day all year long?
Beyond traditional pets. The benefits of pets in the process of caring seniors is well understood and effective, pet cats,…
Recently one of our clients inspired us to launch an exceptional service specifically designed for dementia cases. It is a personalized…