A Hospice agency, whose services are covered by Medicare, can work with your loved one in the comfort of their own home. Hospice provides medical equipment, a visiting nurse, bather, social worker, and chaplain; among other services. Assisting Hands Home Care provides a direct care worker (caregiver or Certified Nursing Assistant) to stay with your family member round-the-clock and care for his or her needs.
Assisting Hands Home Care Works with Your Hospice Agency
Assisting Hands caregivers work in conjunction with your hospice agency. We can stay by your loved one’s side to make sure he or she is comfortable. With your permission, our case manager will stay in communication with the hospice case manager to ensure continuity of care.
Assisting Hands caregivers can help families in the following areas:
- 24/7 supervision: Someone on hospice should not be left alone. We can stay with our loved day and night.
- Personal Care: Caregivers make sure the client in clean and dry throughout the day
- Bathing Assistance: We can provide a bath on days the hospice caregiver does not visit
- Respite Care: Assisting Hands Caregivers give family caregivers relief so they many leave the house
- Eating Assistance: Caregivers can bring food and water to the client, assisting with feeding as needed.
- Light Housekeeping: We can assist with laundry, dusting, mopping, wiping counters, etc. so you can focus on spending time with your family.
- Repositioning: Caregivers keep a watchful eye on the client and to reposition and adjust pillows and bedding as needed.
Our goal at Assisting Hands is to give peace of mind to your family. Please give us a call at (847) 908-1525 for more information or to schedule a free consultation.
We are happy to provide referrals to partner hospice agencies in the Wilmette area.