Caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are available to help both day and night. When nighttime assistance is needed in the Wilmette, IL area, an overnight caregiver can make sure you or your loved one is safe and comfortable.
How to Know if Overnight Care is Right for You
Families typically call on overnight caregivers when their loved one does not sleep throughout the night. It’s normal to get up and use the restroom. Here are a few situations where overnight caregivers provide familial support:
- Surgery Recovery: After surgery, it is imperative to follow the doctor’s orders. That means no lifting, heavy housework, and most importantly, no falls. An overnight caregiver can assist you as you walk to the bathroom throughout the night to ensure you safely get tucked back into bed. You often don’t know exactly how you’ll feel after surgery and it’s a good idea to have the full care lined up before coming home so your body can heal.
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care: Dementia may cause confusion at night. A nighttime caregiver can calmly comfort, redirect, and assist with any personal care throughout the night.
- Fall Prevention: Caregivers help you get safely to the bathroom or can bring a bedside urinal to your side throughout the night.
- Hospice Care: Toward the end of life, families want their loved one to be comfortable and have the very best care. Round-the-clock help from an Assisting Hands caregiver is truly our highest level of care. You have peace of mind knowing that someone is always there to help and communicate any changes in condition to the family, Assisting Hands staff, and hospice as directed.
Duties of the Overnight Caregiver
An overnight caregiver stays awake throughout the night. She can stay in a separate room and keep an eye with a monitor or wait to be called by her client. Or, she may stay next to your bedside throughout the night. The caregiver’s goal is to give peace of mind to families, knowing their loved one is cared for through the night. An overnight caregiver will:
- Assist to the bathroom or a bedside commode
- Help with personal care in bed
- Reposition and re-adjust pillows
- Bring water or any other items requested by the client
- Assist with the bedtime or morning routine
Overnight caregiver usually works 8 pm – 8 am. A daytime caregiver can relieve the overnight worker at 8am and stay until she returns. If you have special schedule request, please give us a call at (847) 908-1525.
The cost of overnight care is billed at our regular hourly rate. Please call and we will send you pricing information.
Our overnight care services strive to give you peace of mind while we keep your loved one safe, happy, and healthy at home!
Please give us a call at (847) 908-1525 for questions, pricing or to schedule a free consultation regarding our overnight care services in the Wilmette, IL area.