For many seniors, the thought of living at home after retirement has become more popular than going to a nursing home or assisted living facility. People like having independence and control over their daily lives, and for many people, moving into a nursing home would mean giving up some of those things. Seniors who age in place often need daily assistance and may even require help with bathing, dressing, and grooming. If so, a home care agency like Assisting Hands can provide quality, comprehensive in-home care that meets their needs.
Home Care Agency in Celebration, FL
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we treat each of our clients like they’re our own family. We understand that a loved one’s health and happiness are your top priority, and we work hard each day to show that they’re our priority, too. Our licensed caregivers provide non-medical home care services in the comfort of your loved one’s home in Celebration, FL. We support your loved one with the care, assistance, and respect they need to continue living comfortably at home.
We start every care plan by performing a free in-home assessment so we can gauge the level of care needed for your loved one. During this assessment, we’ll also interview family members and other caregivers to develop an individualized plan for care that suits your family’s needs. As part of this process, we also match your loved one with a caregiver on our team hand-picked to work best with their needs. If your family’s situation changes, we can always adjust the original plan to suit current demands.
Home Care Assistance
With our complete non-medical home health care services, you can trust that your loved one is in good hands. Our caregivers have each passed a background check and completed additional training after being hired, allowing them to perform the best work possible for your family. We will provide personal care and help with activities of daily living (ADLs) as well as help with basic household tasks.
Our in-home care services may include the following:
- Senior/ elderly care: Our caregivers help your elderly loved one with eating, dressing, bathing, using the restroom, and other activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Senior Companionship: We make the effort to truly get to know your loved one, establishing a meaningful and personal connection between our clients and their caregivers.
- Meal preparation: Our caregivers can prepare nutritious meals for your loved one in compliance with their dietary restrictions.
- Light housekeeping: We assist in maintaining the home by performing basic housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, dishwashing, and laundry.
- Transportation and errands: If your senior love one can no longer drive, we’ll help them get where they need to go with transportation and errand services.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: We create a safe and supportive environment for seniors living with Alzheimer’s and dementia by keeping an eye on your loved one and engaging their mind with memory-strengthening activities.
- After-surgery care: Our caregivers keep your loved one on track with their discharge instructions and best recovery practices after surgery.
- Respite care: Providing full-time care for a senior requires a great deal of effort and attention. Family caregivers often find themselves sacrificing their own health and personal lives in order to keep up with the demands of their loved one. At Assisting Hands, respite care services allow family caregivers to take time off from caring for their senior loved one and focus on their own needs without the added stress of finding additional help.
- Overnight caregivers: For people who are home-bound and cannot be left alone at night, we provide overnight care services. Our caregivers will help them get to bed in the evening and stay nearby throughout the night to respond to any needs they may have during the night.
- Live-In and 24-Hour home care: We provide 24-hour and live-in care options for seniors who require around-the-clock supervision. Live-in care involves 2 caregivers alternating in 3-4 day shifts, whereas with 24-hour care, caregivers will switch multiple times a day.
Call Assisting Hands for In-Home Evaluation
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide comprehensive home care services designed to meet each of our clients’ unique needs. The evaluation process allows us to best understand how our team of caring and experienced professionals can assist so that all of the family’s needs are met. Our goal is to ensure that the senior in your life receives excellent, personalized care when needed and can live with dignity and comfort in his or her own home. If you are seeking support for a loved one in Celebration, FL, please call us at (407) 813-1988 to schedule an evaluation and get started on the path toward peace of mind for you and your family.