Counting down to Christmas is not just fun for children but for all ages who believe in the magic of…
Thanksgiving is coming soon and recipes for the best stuffing, the moistest turkey, and new twists on family favorite sides will be sought after by many. While pumpkin pie is surely the main go-to for Thanksgiving desserts, this dump cake recipe will surely become a “must have” on your holiday table.
There are many recipes for different flavors of dump cakes which are one of the easiest desserts ever, and most likely why they are so popular. A few ingredients dumped into one dish and baked, this dessert may be too good to be true. And with steps that are simple and flavor options that are endless, you are sure to find something for everyone. This recipe combines two fall favorites, apples, and caramel. Enjoy!
For this recipe the ingredients list is simple:
- 2 cans apple pie filling (or you can make your own), you want enough to cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Your favorite brand of caramel sauce
- A box of cake mix (any flavor you think will work best) yellow, butter and spice cake are all great options
- 1 stick of butter
How to Make a Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 350
- Start by lightly greasing a 9×13 baking dish
- Spread the apple pie filling (canned or homemade) in the bottom of the pan
- Drizzle the filling with caramel sauce
- Sprinkle the bag of dry cake mix over everything in the pan
- Cut the stick of butter into thin pats and layer over the top of the cake mix (some recipes will tell you to melt the butter and drizzle on top, it has be found that layering the slices works better)
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until the top is browned and the filling is bubbling away
Optional Crumble Topping
Since you already needed the butter, making a crumble topping with some walnuts, oats, brown sugar, and butter would make for a great addition to the top of this cake!
Once this cake comes out of the oven, get your bowls ready. It is best served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Cool whip or whipped cream would be great too, but you will need something creamy to cut the richness.
This style of cake is so versatile. For the filling you can use any canned fruit from peaches to fruit cocktail to everything in between. You can use any pie filling, canned or homemade, or any frozen fruit as well. Mixed berry would be delicious. The cake mix is also something you can play around have fun with. A chocolate cake mix over cherry pie filling would be a dream. You can also play around with crumbles to top the cake with. Anything from a streusel topping to toasted coconut or nuts would be perfect. The possibilities are endless.
Cheap and easy to make and feeds a crowd, this caramel apple dump cake is a great alternative to pie during your holiday dinner and will be sure to have everyone swooning!
Christmas is right around the corner, and that corner will be here before you know it. Holidays are for sharing,…
Thanksgiving is coming soon and recipes for the best stuffing, the moistest turkey, and new twists on family favorite sides…
Thanksgiving is a truly American Holiday. Families across the country gather together for a time of reflection, giving thanks, memory…