Assisting Hands Home Care provides patient sitter and transitional care to help seniors and adults receiving care at AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale. Our caregivers will provide companionship, personal care, and medication reminders without interfering with the nurses and doctors.
AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale
AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale was founded in 1904 and is the only teaching hospital in DuPage County. They provide faith-based care in the Catholic and Adventist traditions and they have earned several nationally recognized awards and safety grades. AMITA Adventist Hinsdale has a state-of-the-art cancer care center and provides Level III Perinatal services with a neonatal intensive care unit as well as robotic assisted surgery.
Patient Sitters and Hospital Sitters
Sometimes adults and seniors who are spending time in the hospital for a surgery or illness could use some extra assistance. It is difficult for nurses and doctors to be attentive with their patients because they are moving between so many patients at once. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can provide extra assistance with our patient sitter services. Our patient sitters do not provide full on care, instead we keep patients company, ensure their comfort, and act as advocates for the patient. If you or your loved one needs the nurse, our hospital sitter will call them. We will only provide care and assistance that is not the responsibility of the nurse and we will not interfere with the care provided by the nurses and doctor.
You can expect the following assistance from our hospital sitters:
- Personal Care: Our hospital sitters can provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) including transferring, eating, dressing, and restroom use.
- Companionship: We will be a companion for you or your loved one during your hospital stay and engage in friendly conversations and other possible fun activities.
- Fall Prevention: We can help you or your loved one get into and out of bed and move between the bed and the bathroom to prevent falls.
- 24/7 and Overnight Care: You or your loved ones will never have to be alone as we can be there overnight or provide 24-hour care.
- Respite Care: In some cases, those in the hospital might get extra care and assistance from a relative. We can provide respite care to take over for the relative and let them have a break.
When patients are discharged from the hospital to go back home, they are usually not yet fully recovered. It is very important for patients to understand and follow their discharge instructions to prevent setbacks and have a full recovery. Failure to understand or follow discharge instructions can lead to re-hospitalization.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide transitional care services to help patients transition back home from the hospital and ensure that they follow their discharge instructions. Our transitional care services include the following:
- We will understand the discharge instructions from your doctor and ensure that the patient and family also understand these instructions.
- We provide transportation to bring the patient safely back home.
- We can schedule follow up appointments after the discharge.
- We can help with prescription pickups and ensure that you or your loved ones take them properly and at the right time.
- Discharge orders and new prescriptions will be faxed to your primary care physician.
- If you need medical equipment at home, we can help pick it up or coordinate the delivery.
- We will help make adjustments to ensure that you are safe in your home.
- We can take care of grocery shopping and other errands.
- We can prepare meals each day.
- We will take care of some light housekeeping tasks to keep the home clean.
- We can provide assistance with ADLs including transferring, dressing, and bathing.
Post Hospital Care
It is never easy to go through surgery and it takes time afterwards to recover and regain full strength. It is important for patients to follow their discharge instructions after a surgery and to get enough rest to avoid a setback or prolonging your recovery. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help those who have just had surgery with our post-hospital care. Our caregivers will help in the following ways to aid your recovery:
- Assistance with ADLs: We will provide assistance with ADLs including transferring, restroom use, bathing, and more.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are also companions as we will get to know you and engage in friendly conversation and activities.
- Fall Prevention: We will help you or your loved ones move throughout the home and get into and out of bed to help prevent falls.
- 24-Hour Care: If you or your loved one needs constant care and assistance after surgery, we can provide 24-hour care.
- Overnight Care: If you or your loved one can’t be left home alone at night; we can provide care overnight.
- Respite Care: If you or a loved one is being cared for by a relative after surgery, we offer respite care in which we can take over the care and give your family members a break.
- Non-Emergency Transportation: We provide transportation in non-emergency situations to take you to doctor appointments and help with errands.
Hospital Sitting and Transitional Care from Assisting Hands Home Care
Our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care are ready to provide hospital sitting, after surgery care, and transitional care for seniors and adults at AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center in Hinsdale, IL. With these services, you or your loved one will get supplemental care and assistance during and after their hospital stay. You can call us at (630) 413-9899 to learn more.
Assisting Hands Home Care does not have an organic relationship with AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center in Hinsdale, IL nor are we endorsed by this institution.
We also serve the following hospital and rehab centers: