If you are the family caregiver for your elderly relatives and need some time off for a weekend or vacation, give us a call at (630) 413-9899 to learn more about our temporary home care services for weekends and vacations
There are many cases in which senior citizens who need assistance to live at home are cared for by one or several of their family members.
Family members have been helping to care for their senior relatives for generations and in some families, having a family caregiver can work out and save them the cost of home care or putting their relatives in a nursing home.
However, there will come a time when the family caregiver, or caregivers, will need a break from caregiving duties to tend to their personal lives, take a vacation, or just have some time off.
If you are the family caregiver for your elderly relatives and need some time off for a weekend or vacation, Assisting Hands Home Care can help.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide respite care services to care for your senior relatives on weekends or for a vacation.
You can take time off from caregiving knowing that your loved ones are in the hands of our highly trained and certified caregiving professionals.
Each of our caregivers has been through an extensive background check to ensure that they possess the skills and compassionate personality to provide quality care for your loved ones.
If as a family caregiver you feel guilty taking vacation time or weekends off, remember that it is important to take some time away from caregiving for your own physical and mental well-being.
Nearly one-fourth of family caregivers deal with physical or mental health issues because of the stress and lack of sleep that comes with caregiving.
With our senior respite care services, you can take weekends off to recharge or take a needed vacation.
The caregivers of Assisting Hands Home Care can provide the following care services while you are away or on vacation:
- Care Management: One of our professionals will meet with you and your loved ones to create a care plan that can be carried out in your absence. This care plan will include a schedule for the caregiver and actions to manage care such as medication reminders.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Our caregivers are ready to help seniors who need assistance with personal care including toileting, bathing, and getting dressed.
- Meal Preparation: If you routinely cook meals for your elderly loved ones, our caregivers can take over the cooking and help with the cleanup.
- Errands and Transportation: You can trust our caregivers to safely transport your loved ones to doctor appointments and other important events. We can also help them take care of necessary errands like grocery shopping.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can help keep the home of your loved one clean by handling light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, laundry, and dusting.
- Companionship: We understand that your elderly loved ones have a strong connection to the relatives that take care of them. Our caregivers will be a companion to your loved ones to fill the void in your absence.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to provide effective care for those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. We can keep your loved ones mentally engaged through conversation and various activities to help reduce memory loss.
- Post-Operative Care: If your loved ones are recovering from a recent surgery, our caregivers will be able to help keep them comfortable and remind them to take medication needed for recovery.
- Live-In Care: Our caregivers are prepared to live in the home of your loved one if they need a caretaker present 24 hours per day. Our caregiver will just need a private area to sleep for at least 5 hours each night.
Contact us For a Free In-Home Consultation
If you are the care provider for your elderly parents or relatives in Hinsdale, Brookfield, La Grange, IL or surrounding areas in DuPage or Cook County, and you need help to take some time off, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to provide care on weekends or during vacations. Our caregivers will provide excellent care and companionship for your loved ones so you can enjoy worry free time off. Give us a call at (630) 413-9899 to learn more about our temporary home care services for weekends and vacations.