As our loved ones age, it can become more difficult for them to perform daily self-care tasks on their own. At this point, they will need some help to be able to live safely and comfortably. Many seniors who would prefer to remain in the comfort of their own homes would benefit from home health care services as an alternative to a nursing home or assisted living facility.
Non-Medical Home Health Care in Homer Glen, IL
With our home care services at Assisting Hands Home Care, your loved one can continue to live comfortably at home and keep a certain level of independence while receiving the care services they need. We will create a custom care plan that is tailored to meet the specific care needs of your senior or disabled loved one. You can trust our caregivers to provide quality and compassionate home care.
Our caregivers are all licensed, bonded, and insured to make certain that your loved one is receiving the best home care possible. Our professional caregivers can also administer CPR and First Aid in emergency situations.
Home Care Services
We will devise a customized non-medical home health care plan that best fits the needs of your loved one.
Our home care services may include:
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care: Loved ones affected by Alzheimer’s disease or dementia are often able to live more comfortably in their home where they are more familiar with their environment. Our caregivers are trained to provide home care for those with these conditions that includes memory exercises to help slow memory loss effects.
- Live-In Care & 24/7 Home Care: We can provide 24-hour care if your loved one needs someone to always be present in case of emergencies. We can either provide a live-in caregiver or two caregivers that will alternate 12-hour shifts.
- After Surgery Care: Our caregivers can help assist your loved one after they return home from a hospital stay or surgery. This will allow your loved one to receive care while they are adjusting back to living in their home and reduce the risk of a setback.
- Respite Care: Often family members will provide care for their loved one. Through our respite care services, our caregiver can help relieve the family member from caregiving so they can have time to rest.
- Overnight Caregivers: If your loved one needs monitoring in the evening and overnight, our caregivers can stay with your loved one through the night to help monitor them and respond to an emergency.
- Companionship: In addition to providing quality non-medical home care services, our caregiver will form a bond with your loved one and offer companionship. They will build a relationship with your loved one by engaging in friendly conversations and fun activities.
- Personal Care: For some senior and disabled adults, performing daily self-care activities may be difficult. Our caregivers can provide help with activities of daily living (ADLS) including using the bathroom, getting dressed, bathing, and ambulation.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers can handle meal preparation and cleanup for your loved one and we will also follow any dietary needs and restrictions that your loved one may have.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can help with light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, doing the dishes, and taking out the trash.
- Transportation and Errands: Often seniors and disabled adults are unable to drive. Our caregivers can provide transportation to your loved one to run errands like grocery shopping and take them to doctor appointments and family gatherings.
Get a Free Consultation for Home Care Services
From our free in-home consultation, we will create a custom home care plan that best meets your loved one’s unique care needs. Our care plans are adjustable as the needs of your loved ones change.
If your senior or disabled loved one is in need of non-medical home care services in Homer Glen, IL, contact Assisting Hands Palos Heights at (773) 207-3767.