Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (224) 268-9068 to schedule a free consultation about our Elderly Care services in Libertyville, Illinois and surrounding areas.
Many senior citizens may reach a point where they need some care and assistance to be able to continue to live at home. While some families can handle this on their own, many seniors may need outside help to ensure that they can live safely at home.
Families can help their senior loved ones with simple tasks like cleaning the home and providing rides, but they cannot often cover specialized care needs. If your elderly loved ones who want to age in place are in need of more attentive care than your family can provide, elderly home care is a great option.
In-Home Elderly Care Services in Libertyville
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide elderly care services that allow seniors to age in place in Libertyville, IL. We start by meeting with you and your loved ones to evaluate their care needs so we can create an effective care plan. Our care plan will accommodate your loved one’s needs and include a schedule for our caregiver.
Your elderly home care plan can include the following:
- Personal care: Seniors may have difficulty with personal care tasks due to cognitive or physical limitations. Our caregivers will assist with personal care tasks and activities of daily living (ADLs) including personal hygiene like bathing, toileting, dressing, transferring, and more.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will provide more than the care needed for your loved ones to live alone; we will be a companion for them as well. We will establish a personal relationship with your loved ones and engage them in friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Fall prevention: Falling is the leading cause of injuries among seniors. We will help your loved ones move around the home and keep pathways clear to reduce the risk of falls.
- Meal preparation: If your elderly loved ones do not cook, we can prepare meals for them and ensure that they follow their dietary restrictions.
- Light housekeeping: Our caregivers will help keep a clean home by doing some light housekeeping including laundry, washing dishes, vacuuming, dusting, and more.
- Transportation and errands: If your elderly loved ones do not drive, we can provide transportation for them to help them get to important engagements like doctor appointments. We can also assist with errands.
- Respite care: Sometimes a family member can provide full time care for an elderly relative, but they will need some scheduled time off. With our respite care services, we can have a professional caregiver take over at scheduled times to ensure the family caregiver gets time off.
- Overnight care: If it is not safe to leave your elderly relatives alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. Our caregiver will come to the home in the evening to make sure your loved ones get to bed, and they will stay awake nearby during the night to provide assistance as needed.
- Live-in Care / 24/7 Home Care: We can provide around the clock care for seniors who benefit from always having a caregiver in the home. Our live-in care services will have a caregiver live in the home with your loved ones and they will need a space to sleep. Our 24-hour care services are more attentive as multiple caregivers will rotate shifts to make sure a caregiver is always in the home and awake to provide help when needed.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: It is important for seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia to receive specialized care in a familiar environment like their home. We provide specialized memory care services that include mentally stimulating activities and responding to common behaviors to ensure the safety and comfort of your loved ones.
- After-surgery care: The transition back home from the hospital after a surgery or illness is not easy for seniors. Our caregivers can help ease the transition by ensuring that your loved ones follow their discharge instructions, get plenty of rest, and take their medications.
- Hospice care at home: We can help your elderly loved ones who are receiving hospice care by providing additional care to complement the care they receive in hospice. We will provide personal care not covered by hospice care without disrupting the care received in hospice.
Call Assisting Hands for In-Home Assessment
Our elderly home care services are ideal for your loved ones who need care from a professional to safely age in place. We will start our elder care services with a free in-home assessment of your loved one’s care needs. Give us a call at (224) 268-9068 to learn more about our elderly care services in Libertyville, IL.