Elderly individuals and adults who have disabilities can be hesitant about leaving their homes, because home is a comfortable sanctuary for them. As such, seniors from the baby boomer generation are increasingly deciding to opt for in-home care instead of moving into a nursing home or other assisted living facility. In such a situation, some family members will help their elderly or disabled loved ones, but they may require further assistance if care needs increase.
Non-Medical Home Health Care in Benbrook, TX
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide non-medical home health care services in Benbrook, TX, to assist elderly individuals who have chosen to age at home. Working with you and your loved one, we will develop a customized care plan catered to their unique care needs. Our trained and licensed caregivers will then use that plan to provide exceptional, compassionate care. This ensures they can live safe, comfortable lives at home.
Every one of the caregivers at our home care agency is licensed, insured, and bonded. They must pass a background check prior to employment and undergo additional training. Our caregivers know first aid, CPR, and how to handle emergencies. In addition to quality care, our caregivers will also be great, respectful companions to their clients.
In-Home Care Services
To start our home care services, we will conduct a thorough assessment of your disabled or elderly loved one’s specific care needs. Using the information gathered, we will develop a care plan personalized for them, which can include the following:
- Personal Care and Grooming: Seniors and disabled adults often have a tough time with self-care activities and other daily living tasks. Our caregivers will help with bathing, showering, toileting, dressing, oral hygiene, ambulation, grooming, and other personal care activities.
- Senior Home Care: Our caregivers can help with medication reminders, coordinating medical appointments, and cooperating with any family caregivers.
- Companion Care: In addition to providing care to your loved one, our caregivers will also be their companion. We get to know them, developing a personal relationship.
- Meal Preparation: Often times, seniors and disabled adults cannot handle cooking, which is why our caregivers will take care of the meal preparation duties. We prepare daily meals for your loved ones, taking into account any dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: If seniors cannot drive, then they have lost some of their freedom. Our caregivers can help by providing transportation services, giving rides to run errands, attend family get-togethers, and more.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia should receive care at home because it is an environment where they feel safe and comfortable. Knowing this, our caregivers will help by providing quality memory care services at home.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will help your loved one maintain a clean home by taking out the garbage, vacuuming, doing laundry, dusting, and doing other light housekeeping tasks.
- Respite Care: If a relative is acting as a family caregiver for a loved one, then we can provide them with some well-deserved time off. Our caregivers will arrive to help at scheduled times, giving the family caregiver a break from their caregiving responsibilities.
- After-Surgery Home Care: Coming back home following a surgery or hospital stay can be tough, but our caregivers can provide care to prevent setbacks and help with the recovery process.
- Overnight Home Care: Sometimes, families can feel uneasy about having their loved ones be on their own during the nighttime, because they may not have the help they need if an emergency comes up. Our caregivers can help through our overnight care services. We will arrive during the evening and stay overnight, ready to provide any assistance needed.
- Live-In Caregivers/24-Hour Home Care: In some cases, seniors may need help on a 24/7 basis. We can help with that through our 24-hour care services, which feature two caregivers who alternate on 12-hour shifts. This ensures someone is always awake and available to help. In our live-in care services, a caregiver will live at home with your loved one, so they will always have someone at home with them.
Working with you and your loved one, the professionals at our home care agency will create an in-home care plan customized to meet the client’s specific care needs. While we do a consultation, we assess their care needs and use that information to create the care plan. From there, a well-suited caregiver is assigned to the client. If your loved one’s care needs change, we can alter the plan as necessary.
Contact Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation
If you have a loved one in the Benbrook, TX, area who needs home care services, then reach out to Assisting Hands Home Care. Schedule an in-home consultation by calling (817) 803-6648.
"Assisting Hands is a fantastic company. Excellent community service, care for the clients and staff. Services are available from lots of businesses, but Assisting Hands offers a more personal touch. And Boots, the therapy dog is a joy to see always."
"Kim Beveridge and his buddy, Boots are amazing! They are always the first to support not only our residents and their needs but also our staff. Thank you for all you do and continued support!"