Attention hospital executives, discharge planners & social workers
Are hospital readmission penalties under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) affecting your bottom line?
Assisting Hands Home Care can address all four of the identified triggers that cause a patient to return to your facility within 30 days.
- Lack of social support
- Mismanagement of medication
- Not understanding the disease process
- Missing follow-up appointments
If you are looking for an ally in discharge planning and transitional care, we can help.
Keeping Clients Healthy, and Thriving at Home
Assisting Hands’ focus:
- Prevent hospitalizations by addressing the top reasons for trips to the ER/hospital – including home safety and falls prevention.
- Reduce readmissions to hospitals/rehabs by taking proactive measures –
- helping families/clients manage aspects of their health at home,
- monitoring for abnormal symptoms/pain, and
- effectively escalating to health care providers.
● Tracking all incidents and hospitalizations to gauge our effectiveness.
Hospital readmission penalties are avoided if the patient followed the plan laid out for them by the hospital upon their discharge. Unfortunately, some patients do not have a loved one or family member to care for them, helping them to follow that plan. Here is where we enter the picture: Making sure patients take their medicine on time and providing transportation so that they make their follow-up appointments with their regular physician. Our licensed and bonded caregivers understand the disease process.
An important part of the healing process is companionship. Our caregivers provide that to your loved ones. Other useful services we offer are bed making, dressing, dusting, safety and fall protection, meal preparation, incontinence care, organizing mail and trips to the post office, oral hygiene and pet care and feeding, grocery shopping, taking out the trash, washing dishes and accompanying your loved one on walks.