How We Make it Happen…
An Approach. A Culture. A Feeling.
Assisting Hands® Home Care – A Holistic Approach to Caring
- Onsite meeting with family
- Personal Care Plan developed
- Client profile matched with Caregiver skillset
- Caregiver professionalism and preparedness
We Greet You.
- Welcoming, face-to-face hello and personal greeting
- Positive attitude
- Set tone of genuine connection
- Shift transition – update and review Care Plan details
- Establish day structure with client feedback
- Ask the right questions to get to relevant issues
- Add flexibility to schedule for client as needed
- Listen/adapt according to spoken/unspoken behavior
We Get It Done.
- Assess hygiene, grooming, wardrobe
- Celebrate the art and dignity of giving choices
- We care about client comfort and make sure their needs are Are you hungry? Ready for activity?
- Credentialed in bathing, personal care
We Monitor Health.
- Reminders to take medications
- Family has peace of mind knowing medication is monitored and coordinated
We Monitor Nutrition.
- Meal logs for monitoring eating patterns
- Log erratic eating, what works and what doesn’t
- Offer balanced nutritional meal options
- Proper table settings to keep mealtime special
We Help With Chores.
- Chores completed after personal care is met
- Bed linens, laundry, bathroom, trash
- Create safe, clean environment without compromising care
- Make sure familiar items are kept in close proximity
- Companionship based on spending time together
- Bond of knowing your client and what they like
- Time for chatting and reminiscing
- Assist with repetitive tasks
We Help With Bedtime.
- Kind, gentle transition to bedtime
- Ask/give choices: Blue robe or grey?
- Checklist for comfort: water by bed, phone, call buttons within reach, night lights
We Provide Continuity of Care.
- Asking “Is there anything else you need?”
- Care Plan and shift updates documented
- Familiar faces and routines are helpful and calming
- Say “goodbye” with a smile