When the eldest members of a family reach a point where they need care and assistance, it is common for family members to step in and help. It may be possible for relatives to handle providing care at first so their elderly loved ones can live at home, but their care needs may become too much for their family to handle. Family members may be able to help with things like transportation and keeping the house clean but increasing personal care needs may call for additional help.
For most families, it is nearly impossible to provide full-time care for elderly relatives to cover their personal care needs and chores around the home. If you have an elderly loved one aging in place who needs a level of care your family can’t provide, it is best to work with a home care agency that offers elderly home care.
Elderly Home Care Services
Assisting Hands Home Care provides top-rated Elderly Home Care Services in Collegeville, King of Prussia, Limerick, West Norriton, PA and surrounding areas in Montgomery County, PA. Call Assisting Hands at (610) 795-2896 to request a Free In-Home Consultation.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides elderly care services in Collegeville, King of Prussia, Limerick, West Norriton, PA and surrounding areas in Montgomery County, PA to help senior citizens who have decided to receive care at home instead of a nursing home or assisted living facility. These services start with a visit from a staff member for an in-home evaluation of your loved one’s care needs. We will then create a care plan based on the evaluation to accommodate your loved one’s specific needs. The care plan may include the following:
- Personal care and assistance
- Meal preparation
- Transportation and errands
- Accompany to doctor appointments
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in care
- 24/7 home care
The following can be included in your elderly home care plan:
- Custodial care: We can assist your loved ones with personal care and hygiene activities including dressing, bathing, toileting, eating, and transferring.
- Fall prevention: We can help reduce the risk of falls by guiding your loved ones through their home and keeping walkways free of obstacles.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are committed to more than providing care for your loved ones, we will also be their companion. We get to know your loved ones through friendly conversation, and we will engage them in their favorite hobbies and activities.
- Meal preparation: We can prepare meals for seniors who no longer cook, and we will follow any dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and errands: We can help seniors who no longer drive by providing rides to important engagements like doctor appointments and family events. We can also help with grocery shopping and other errands.
- Light housekeeping: We can help your elderly loved ones keep their home clean by taking care of light housekeeping duties like sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, and taking out the trash.
- Respite care: If a family member provides full-time care for your elderly loved one, we can relieve them with our respite care services. Our caregiver will arrive at scheduled times to take over the care for your loved one while the family caregiver gets time off.
- Overnight care: We can provide overnight care services if you don’t want your loved ones to be home alone at night.
- Live-In Care / 24/7 Home Care: If your loved ones need 24 hours of care and assistance, we can help with our live-in care or 24-hour home care.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: Seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia benefit from receiving care in the familiar environment of their home. We provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care to ensure the comfort of those affected and we will keep them mentally stimulated with memory exercises.
- After-surgery care: It can be difficult for seniors to return home from the hospital after an illness or surgery and if they do not follow their discharge instructions, they may suffer a setback. We provide after-surgery care services in which we will provide the care needed to help your loved one make a full recovery.
- Hospice home care: If you have an elderly loved one receiving hospice care, we can provide additional help with our hospice care at home services. Our caregiver will help ensure the comfort of your loved ones by providing personal care not covered by traditional hospice care.
Call Assisting Hands for an In-Home Assessment
If you have an elderly relative aging in place in Collegeville, PA that could benefit from additional care and assistance, call Assisting Hands Home Care to set up an in-home assessment. We will carefully evaluate the needs of your loved ones and form a complete care plan that covers their needs.
Give us a call at (610) 795-2896 for more about our elderly home care services in Collegeville, King of Prussia, Limerick, West Norriton, PA and surrounding areas in Montgomery County, PA.