If you are ready to transfer your elderly loved ones from a facility to their home to receive care, our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care can help. We will help ease the transition back home for your loved ones and ensure they get the care they need to safely live at home.
When it comes to providing daily care for seniors, care facilities like nursing homes are still a popular option. However, more seniors are choosing to stay at home to receive care and in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, receiving home care is the safer option. Nursing homes across the U.S. have been especially affected as the coronavirus can spread quickly through buildings that house many residents. Seniors in nursing homes and other care facilities are not only at a higher risk for contracting the virus, but they are also likely to experience severe symptoms.
If you or your senior loved ones are living in a care facility in Boynton Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, West Palm Beach, North Palm Beach FL or surrounding areas, our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care can help with the transition from the facility to home care. The spread of COVID-19 in care facilities has made home care a much safer option. With hour transitional care services, our professionals will help you and your loved ones make the transition by ensuring that your loved ones get the care and assistance they need for activities of daily living (ADLs) and other household tasks.
How We Respond to COVID-19
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are aware of the risks to the senior community when it comes to COVID-19. We take every precaution necessary to ensure that our trained and licensed caregivers do not put your loved ones at risk. Each of our caregivers must pass temperature screenings before beginning their shifts and they will wear masks and practice social distancing when possible. Our caregivers are also trained to look for possible symptoms of COVID-19 in your loved ones so we can respond accordingly.
Benefits of Elderly Home Care
The biggest benefit of elderly home care during the COVID-19 pandemic is that your senior loved ones are at a much lower risk of contracting the virus at home than in a care facility. Crowded places like care facilities are no longer safe for senior citizens until an effective vaccine is developed.
While protection from the coronavirus is a major reason for seniors to receive care at home, it is not the only reason. Remember, home care was already the more popular option among seniors even before the pandemic. The additional benefits of home care include the following:
- Privacy: At care facilities, residents often share a room which can make it difficult to get some privacy. For seniors who value their privacy, home care is a great option.
- Independence: Seniors receiving home care have more independence because they can live in their own home and adhere to a schedule that is agreed upon between them and their caregiver. Our caregivers can also help with errands and provide rides for your loved ones to get them where they need to go. This gives seniors more control of their daily lives.
- Comfort: Seniors who receive care at home are more comfortable because they are in a more familiar and cleaner environment and they have more personal space.
- Choose your caregiver: When seniors call Assisting Hands for home care, we first visit with them to understand their care needs and choose a caregiver who is best suited for their needs. Finding a good match leads to a better client/ caregiver relationship. Seniors also have the option of requesting a new caregiver when receiving care at home.
What to Expect from Home Care
Seniors who receive home care from Assisting Hands Home Care can expect personalized care from our caregivers who are trained, licensed, bonded, and insured. We will evaluate the care needs of your loved ones and form a complete care plan that covers their needs. Our home care plans can include the following:
- Personal care and assistance: We provide personal care for seniors who need assistance with ADLs such as bathing, getting dressed, using the restroom, eating, moving around the home, and more.
- Fall prevention: Falls are the leading cause of injuries and accidental deaths among seniors. Our caregivers will help prevent falls by guiding your loved ones through the home and keeping walkways clear of obstructions.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are more than just one on one care providers, we will also be companions for your loved ones. You can expect our caregivers to develop a personal relationship with your loved ones and engage them in friendly conversation, games, and other fun activities.
- Senior Transportation: Our caregivers can help seniors who no longer drive by taking care of errands and providing rides to doctor appointments and other important engagements.
- Help around the house: Our caregivers can help with meal preparation and light housekeeping duties like laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and taking out the trash.
Call Assisting Hands for Home Care
If you or your loved ones are ready to transition from facility to home care in Boynton Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Palm Beach, FL or surrounding areas, our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care can help you with our transitional care services. Give us a call at (561) 566-5989 to schedule a free consultation.