We’ve partnered with the National Council of Aging to share awareness of the National Fall Prevention Day. Here is extensive information on how to avoid your love one to fall and get injured.
– Did you know that 1 in 4 Americans aged 65+ falls every year? Falls are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries for older Americans. Falls are costly—in dollars and in quality of life. However, falling is not an inevitable part of aging. Through practical lifestyle adjustments, evidence-based programs, and community partnerships, the number of falls among seniors can be reduced substantially.
How NCOA Helps
– National Council of Aging – NCOA’s National Falls Prevention Resource Center supports the implementation of evidence-based falls prevention programs and serves as a national clearinghouse of tools and best practices. Explore materials related to falls prevention in their Resources Library.
To connect with a community-based fall prevention program in your state, contact an ACL Fall Prevention Grantee or Falls Prevention Coalition on our Map of Partners & Programs.
If you or your loved suffered from a Fall and are in need of a Home Care Service call 561-829-3080. Our caregivers are ready to fit your schedule whether the situation.
Watch a short video on how to prevent Fall Injuries at Senior’s Homes.
Follow us on Facebook @AHPalmBeach
Latest posts by graphpro (see all)
- Start 2019 by Knowing the Benefits of Donating Blood - January 1, 2019
- Let’s talk about Social Security Scams, Again… - January 1, 2019
- 8 Rules for New Caregivers - December 2, 2018