The oldest members of the family always have the respect of their relatives and as a result, the other members of the family are always ready to help when they need care. More seniors are choosing to spend retirement in their homes as opposed to a nursing home or assisted living facility, and many get help from their relatives to make this possible. While families may be happy to help care for their elderly loved ones, sometimes this isn’t always possible.
Your elderly relatives may need occasional assistance such as help with certain chores or rides if they no longer drive, but their care needs can quickly increase as they get older. It may soon be necessary for a family caregiver to be in the home full time to provide personal care as well as additional help around the house. Not all families have a relative who can devote this much time to providing their loved ones with care. Fortunately, you can ensure that your elderly loved ones do get the care they need by working with a professional home care agency.
Professional Elderly Care Services in Boynton Beach, FL Area
For professional Elderly Care Services in Boynton Beach, FL area, call Assisting Hands Home Care at (561) 566-5989. Request a Free In-Home Consultation.
When you contact Assisting Hands for elderly care services, we will send a staff member to your loved one’s home to complete a safety evaluation and an assessment of their care needs. We will use this information to create a personalized care plan that will accommodate their unique needs. The following may be included in your elderly care plan:
- Personal assistance
- Accompany to doctor appointments
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- 24/7 home care
- Live-in care
(See the Complete List of Services)
Your elderly care plan may include the following:
- Custodial Care: We will help your loved ones with a number of personal care activities including restroom use, bathing, personal hygiene, and getting dressed.
- Fall Prevention: We will guide your loved ones through the home and make sure walkways are free of obstacles to prevent falls.
- Companionship: Our caregivers do much more than provide excellent care for your loved ones, they will also be a friend and companion. We will build personal relationships with your loved ones through conversation and engage them in fun activities like walks and games.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare meals each day for your loved ones and make sure these meals follow their dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: If your loved ones do not drive, we can provide transportation to get them to doctor appointments and take them to see family. We can also handle errands such as grocery shopping.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will take care of a variety of light housekeeping tasks including dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming to keep the home clean.
- Respite Care: Our caregivers can arrive at scheduled times to provide care and relieve for your family caregiver. This will allow the family caregiver to take some time off while your loved ones receive excellent care.
- Overnight Care: If you are not comfortable leaving your loved ones home alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. With these services, our caregiver will arrive in the evening to help your loved ones get to bed and stay throughout the night, helping your loved ones again in the morning.
- Live-In Caregivers / 24-Hour Home Care: Our live-in and 24-hour care services are ideal for those who need someone in the home 24 hours a day. With our live-in care services, a caregiver will live in the home but sleep at night and with our 24-hour care services, two caregivers will alternate each day so someone is always awake in the home.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: It is best for those suffering from these diseases to receive care in the familiar environment of their home. Our caregivers can provide specialized care for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia and we can help slow memory loss with stimulating mental activities.
- After-Surgery Care: Returning from the hospital can be difficult for seniors and if they try to do too much, a setback can put them back in the hospital. We can help aide with their recovery by monitoring their condition, reminding them to take medication, and taking care of light housekeeping duties.
- Hospice Care at Home: If you have an elderly relative with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, we can provide hospice care to help them live their final days with dignity. Our hospice care will allow you to visit with your loved one and focus on their other end of life affairs.