Assisting Hands Home Care helps senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Highland Park, Texas with our in-home care services. Our caregivers can provide quality non-medical home health care and companionship to ensure that your loved one’s care needs are met in their homes.
Our homes provide us with a comforting environment and our own personal space from the outside world. As people get older and reach their golden years, they are less likely to give up the comfort and independence that their home provides. However, many seniors will reach a point where they need daily care and assistance to live safely at home. They may get help from relatives at first, but this may not last as the seniors need more intensive or specialized care.
Full-Service Home Care Agency
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (214) 760-6944 to schedule a free consultation about our in-home care services in Highland Park, Texas.
Many seniors and adults with disabilities are choosing to receive care in their own homes instead of relocating to a facility to receive care. As a full-service home care agency, we provide in-home care services to ensure that senior citizens and adults with disabilities get the care they need in their homes in Highland Park. Our staff will work with you and your loved ones who need care to understand their care needs and form an effective plan. One of our trained, compassionate caregivers will then be assigned to your loved ones who will provide them with the unique care they need.
We will only send licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers to your loved one’s home. Each of our caregivers have passed a background check and received additional training upon being hired to ensure that we can provide quality non-medical home health care. You can trust our caregivers to provide the care your loved ones need, and they are trained in First Aid and CPR to respond to emergencies. Our caregiver will not only be a caregiver for your loved ones, but also a friend and companion.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services
When you call Assisting Hands Home Care for our non-medical home health care services, we will visit you and your loved ones in their home for an initial consultation. During this consultation, we will assess your loved one’s unique care needs to develop a comprehensive care plan. A caregiver will then be assigned to your loved one who can cover their care needs. Our home care plans are flexible so they can be adjusted as care needs change.
Our non-medical home health care services may include the following:
- Personal care and assistance: Limited mobility and cognitive ability can make it difficult for seniors and disabled adults to handle personal care and grooming activities. Our caregivers will help with activities of daily living (ADLs) including bathing, dressing, eating, transferring, hygiene, and restroom use.
- Senior transportation: Many seniors and disabled adults do not drive which can make it difficult to get around and take care of necessary errands. We provide transportation services in which we can take your loved ones to doctor appointments and other events and help them with their errands.
- Companion care: Our caregivers will be a friend and companion to your loved ones as well as their caregiver. We will build a personal relationship with your loved ones through friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Senior home care: We can help seniors who have chosen to stay at home in retirement by providing the personal care and assistance they need.
- Meal preparation: If your loved ones cannot safely prepare their own meals, we can help by providing meal preparation. Our caregivers will make daily meals that account for dietary restrictions and clean up afterwards.
- Light housekeeping: Seniors and disabled adults may not be able to keep their homes clean themselves. Our caregivers can help with light housekeeping tasks including laundry, sweeping dusting, and taking out the trash.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: Seniors affected by Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia need to receive specialized care in their homes. Our caregivers can provide effective memory care services to help those affected by dementia.
- Respite care: If your loved ones receive care from a family member acting as a caregiver, we can help with our respite care services. Our respite caregivers will arrive at scheduled times to care for your loved ones and allow the family caregiver some time off.
- After-surgery care: Returning home from a hospital stay, surgery, or stint in rehab is a difficult transition for seniors. We provide after-surgery care to help seniors who have been discharged and ensure that they follow their instructions to make a full recovery.
- Live-in Caregivers / 24-hour home care: If your loved ones need someone to provide care in their home 24 hours a day, we can help with our live-in and 24-hour home care services. For our live-in care services, we will have a caregiver live in the home with your loved one for 3-4 days at a time before switching with a second caregiver. With our 24-hour home care services, multiple caregivers will switch shifts throughout a 24-hour period, so a caregiver is always awake and alert in the home.
- Overnight caregivers: If it is dangerous to leave your loved ones home alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. Our overnight caregivers will come to the home in the evening and stay until the morning to provide care and assistance as needed through the night.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free In-Home Assessment
If you have loved ones in Highland Park, TX who could benefit from our home care services, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to set up a free in-home assessment. Give us a call at (214) 760-6944 to learn more.