At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide in-home care services to help senior citizens and adults with disabilities in University Park, Texas who prefer to receive care at home. Our licensed caregivers will provide quality care to ensure all care needs are met and be a companion for your loved ones while they continue to live at home.
The home provides a comfortable and familiar environment which is why many people do not want to leave their homes as they get older. In fact, many seniors and adults with disabilities choose to stay at home, even when they reach a point where they need care. It is common for family members to step in and help provide the care they need around the home, but this is not always possible. Even if some families can help their loved ones who need care, they may not be able to provide the level of care needed. The best way to ensure your loved ones get the care they need in their homes is to work with a home care agency like Assisting Hands.
Full-Service Home Care Agency
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (214) 760-6944 to schedule a free consultation about our in-home care services in University Park, Texas.
As a full-service home care agency, Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete home care services to help senior citizens and adults with disabilities in University Park, TX who need care in their homes. Our staff will work directly with you and your loved ones to understand their unique needs and form a care plan that can accommodate their needs. You can expect our caregivers to ensure that your loved ones get the care they need and treat them with compassion and respect.
Our caregivers are highly trained to provide the best possible home care for your loved ones and they have each passed a background check so you can trust them in your home. They are also licensed, bonded, and insured. Our caregivers will provide quality, compassionate care and they are trained in CPR and First Aid for emergency situations. Your loved ones will benefit from the high level of care our caregivers provide as well as their companionship.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our home care services start with a consultation with you and your loved ones to determine their care needs. We will then use this information to create a care plan to accommodate the needs of your loved ones and a schedule to provide care. A caregiver will be chosen based on who we feel can best accommodate your loved one’s needs. We can also help adjust the care plan if the needs of your loved ones change.
The following may be included with our non-medical home health care services:
- Personal care and assistance: When seniors and adults have limitations with physical and cognitive abilities, it can be difficult to handle their own personal care and hygiene. Our caregivers will help your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) including getting dressed, bathing, restroom use, transferring, and personal hygiene.
- Senior transportation: If your loved ones no longer drive, we can provide transportation services to get them to doctor appointments and important events and we can also help with important errands like grocery shopping.
- Senior home care: If your senior loved ones have chosen to age in place, we can provide the personal care and assistance they need with our senior home care services.
- Companion care: Our caregivers will do more for your loved ones than provide care. They will also be a companion for your loved one, getting to know them through friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Meal preparation: Cooking may be difficult or even dangerous for seniors and adults with disabilities. Our caregivers will ensure that your loved ones get regular meals by helping to prepare the meals.
- Light housekeeping: Our caregivers can help keep your loved one’s home neat and clean by handling certain light housekeeping tasks.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: It is best for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia to receive care in the familiar environment of their own home. Our caregivers can provide specialized care for those suffering from these conditions and even help slow memory loss with memory exercises.
- Respite care: Family caregivers who care for a loved one need some time off to tend to their own personal matters. With our respite care services, one of our caregivers will take over for the family caregiver at scheduled times so they can take some personal time.
- After-surgery care at home: Seniors and disabled adults may have a difficult time transitioning back home after a surgery or a hospital stay and if they don’t follow their discharge instructions, they could end up back in the hospital. We provide after-surgery care to help ease the transition back home and ensure that your loved ones follow their discharge instructions.
- Live-in caregivers / 24-hour home care: There are cases in which a senior citizen or disabled adult will need someone present 24 hours a day. With our live-in care services, one of our caregivers can live at the home and alternate every 3-4 days with another caregiver. With our 24-hour home care, a caregiver will always be awake and present in the home as multiple caregivers will alternate shifts throughout a 24-hour period.
- Overnight caregivers: If you do not want your loved ones to be home alone through the night, we can help with our overnight care services. Our caregiver will arrive in the evening to help your loved ones get to bed and they will stay awake through the night to provide care and assistance as needed.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation in University Park, Texas
Assisting Hands Home Care is ready to provide quality in-home care for disabled adults and seniors in need in University Park, Texas. You can reach us at (214) 760-6944 to set up a free consultation for our home care services.