At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer custodial care services to provide senior citizens in Dallas and Richardson, TX with personal care and companionship. Our caregivers will provide complete home care that covers the unique care needs of your loved ones and we will also build personal relationships with them to be their social companion.
Many seniors want to spend their golden years living at home, but they may need outside care to live at home safely. It is common for seniors to need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) including bathing, getting dressed, using the restroom, eating, and moving throughout the home. If seniors living at home need assistance with one or more ADLs, it is time to consider senior home care.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (214) 865-7870 to schedule a free consultation about our custodial & long-term care services in Dallas, Richardson, University Park, Highland Park TX and surrounding areas.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides custodial care services in Dallas, Richardson, University Park, and Highland Park TX to not only accommodate the personal care needs of seniors, but also provide them with social companionship. Our caregivers will take the time to understand the care needs of your loved ones to form a complete home care plan that will allow them to age in place safely. You can also count on our caregivers to build a personal relationship with your loved ones to provide them with companionship.
We can schedule our custodial care services to meet your loved one’s needs and we also offer long-term care and 24-hour care for those who need more consistent and attentive care.
What is Custodial Care?
Custodial care is non-medical home health care in which our caregivers will accommodate your loved one’s personal care needs and get to know them to build a meaningful personal relationship. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with ADLs as well as tasks around the house to ensure they can live comfortably at home. As our caregivers provide care for your loved ones, they will get to know them through friendly conversation and engage them in some of their favorite activities.
Each of our caregivers must pass a background check upon employment and they are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection. We also hire caregivers who have the personality to treat your loved ones with compassion and respect and be the companion they need.
The custodial care services we provide include the following:
- Personal care: Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with ADLs such as personal hygiene, restroom use, eating, walking, and dressing.
- Companion care: We provide more than basic care for your loved ones as we will get to know them and become a companion. Our caregivers will regularly communicate with your loved ones through friendly conversation and engage them in fun activities.
- Meal preparation: Our caregivers will help prepare meals for seniors who can no longer cook. We will ensure your loved ones eat regular meals and we will account for their dietary restrictions.
- Senior Transportation and errand services: We can help your loved ones get to doctor appointments and other important engagements by providing transportation. We can also help with errands like grocery shopping.
- Light housekeeping: We will help keep the home clean by assisting with certain light housekeeping tasks like dusting, sweeping, and laundry.
- 24-hour home care: If your loved ones need someone present 24 hours a day, we offer 24 hour home care in which we will have a caregiver in the home 24 hours a day to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
- Long-term care: We can work out a plan with you and your loved ones that allows them to receive long-term care for as long as they need it.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation
If your loved ones could benefit from home health care and companionship, give Assisting Hands Home Care a call to set up a free consultation for our custodial care services. We will visit your loved ones in their homes and create a care plan based on our assessment of their care needs. You can reach us at (214) 865-7870 to schedule a consultation in Dallas, Richardson, University Park, and Highland Park TX and surrounding areas.