Many families want to step in and provide care for their loved one as they age, but they do not realize that this is a full-time job. The family caregiver will have to do chores, arrange rides, help with everyday tasks, and more, leaving them with not much of a personal life. Accepting help from a professional is a great way to get help for your elderly loved one that lets both of you maintain your independence.
Assisting Hands Home Care offers complete elder care services to seniors in Dallas, Highland Park, Richardson, University Park, TX, and the surrounding areas. Our caregivers will perform an assessment of your loved one’s needs and work with you to create an elderly home care plan.
Elder Care Services in Dallas, TX
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (214) 760-6944 for more information about our elderly care services in Dallas, TX.
At Assisting Hands of Preston Hollow, we help senior citizens in Dallas, TX, by providing them with elderly care services while they remain at home. Our services begin with a caregiver performing a free in-home assessment of your loved one’s unique care needs in order to create a home care plan and schedule. We will then assign a caregiver that will provide companionship and quality care to your loved one.
Our caregivers are bonded, insured, licensed, and trained to provide non-medical home health care services for senior citizens. They have also passed a background check during the hiring process and continue to undergo training after hire. You can trust our caregivers to properly care for your loved ones and treat them with respect and compassion.
Elderly Home Care Services
Each of our home care plans are customized to fit the specific care needs of our clients. We provide the following elderly care services:
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Meal preparation
- Transportation and errands
- Respite care
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in home care
- 24-hour care
The following includes a detailed description of the services in our elderly home care plans:
- Personal Care: We will help your loved ones with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including getting dressed, moving around the house, eating, bathing, and using the restroom.
- Companion Care: Our caregivers will serve as a companion to your loved one by engaging them in fun activities and conversation that builds a personal relationship.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Home Care: Our caregivers are trained to handle senior citizens suffering from dementia and other memory impairments. We will engage your loved one in mentally stimulating activities that may slow memory loss and provide specific memory care services.
- Respite Care: If you or a family member is serving as the primary caregiver to your elderly loved one, our caregivers can take over for periods of time so the family caregiver can take time off.
- 24-Hour Home Care / Live-In Care: We will provide a caregiver to live in your home for days at a time or switch between 12-hour shifts to provide for your loved one who needs constant care.
- After Surgery Care at Home: Our caregivers will ensure your loved one takes the proper medication and monitors their condition after being in the hospital.
- Overnight Home Care: Our caregivers will arrive in the evening and stay awake until morning to respond to emergencies and provide assistance to your loved one during the night.
- Fall Prevention Services: We will remove trip hazards from walkways and hallways and help your loved one move around the house in order to reduce the risk of falls.
- Errands and Senior Transportation: Our caregivers will provide transportation to doctor’s appointments, family events, and errands to seniors who can no longer drive.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will keep your loved one’s home neat by performing housekeeping tasks like laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and more.
- Meal Preparation: We will prepare regular meals for your loved ones that account for their dietary restrictions.
If you believe you and your senior loved one could benefit from our elderly care services, give us a call at (214) 760-6944. We will begin with a free in-home consultation to assess your loved one’s specific care needs and create a home care plan.