At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide Parkinson’s home care for those affected by Parkinson’s disease in Richardson, Texas and the surrounding areas of Dallas County. Our caregivers can provide effective, compassionate care for Parkinson’s patients in their homes to help improve their quality of life.
For professional Parkinson’s Home Care services in Richardson, Texas, call Assisting Hands Home Care Agency at (214) 865-7870.
Parkinson’s disease is a very serious disease of the nervous system that impacts muscles and affects body movements. The initial symptoms of Parkinson’s are relatively mild, but they will become more severe with time as this disease is a degenerative condition. The most common symptoms of Parkinson’s include tremors, shakiness, poor balance, stiff muscles, and difficulty speaking and these symptoms can make day-to-day life very difficult. Those who are affected by Parkinson’s disease benefit greatly from receiving care from a licensed professional in their home.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides Parkinson’s home care services in Richardson, TX to help those affected by this disease. We can provide complete home care that includes help with activities of daily living (ADLs) as well as help around the house to make it easier for those with Parkinson’s to live safely in their own homes. We will work with you and your loved ones to create a personalized care plan that covers your loved one’s specific care needs.
Our caregivers are licensed, bonded, insured, and experienced when it comes to providing care for Parkinson’s patients.
Development of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is caused by the breakdown and death of nerve cells that produce dopamine. The brain cannot function normally with such low levels of dopamine and its ability to regulate body movements is affected. This is what leads to rigid muscles, slow movements, impaired posture, difficulty speaking, tremors, impaired balance, loss of automatic movements, and other symptoms of Parkinson’s.
The symptoms one develops from Parkinson’s will get worse with time as Parkinson’s is a degenerative disease. The following are complications that many Parkinson’s patients experience:
- Cognitive issues: Those in the later stages of Parkinson’s may experience general cognitive decline and dementia.
- Depression: Fear, anxiety, and depression are common for Parkinson’s patients in the early stages.
- Swallowing and eating issues: Loss of muscle control makes chewing and swallowing difficult which increases the risk of choking or malnutrition.
- Sleeping problems: Parkinson’s patients may have difficulty sleeping and wake up frequently throughout the night.
- Toileting issues: Parkinson’s patients may have difficulty urinating or controlling their bladder and they may also suffer from constipation due to slow digestion.
Home Care for Parkinson’s Patients
Our Parkinson’s caregivers understand the best ways to care for those with Parkinson’s and we will make sure your loved ones are as comfortable as possible in their homes. We can help with activities of daily living (ADLs), transferring, and tasks around the house. You and your family will be able to rest assured knowing that your loved one with Parkinson’s has the help of a professional caregiver that understands the best ways to care for those experiencing the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
The following is included with our Parkinson’s home care:
- Personal care and assistance: Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring, and personal hygiene activities.
- Medication reminders: We will make sure your loved ones always remember to take their medications at the proper time.
- Mobility assistance: Our caregivers can help your loved ones move around the house and get in and out of their bed, wheelchair, or recliner.
- Companion care: Our caregivers will be a friend and companion to your loved one as well as your caregiver. We will regularly engage them in friendly conversation and their favorite activities to build a personal relationship.
- Transportation and errands: We can give your loved ones rides to important engagements like doctor appointments and family events and help them with important errands.
- Overnight care: If you don’t want your loved ones home alone at night, we provide overnight care in which our caregiver will arrive in the evening and stay awake through the night to provide help when needed.
- Live-in caregiver/ 24-hour home care: Those in the later stages of Parkinson’s may need constant care, 24 hours a day. We can help with our live-in care services in which our caregiver lives at the home of your loved one, or our 24-hour home care in which an awake and alert caregiver is in the home 24 hours a day.
Contact Assisting Hands for an In-Home Assessment
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are ready to help those suffering from Parkinson’s disease with our Parkinson’s home care services. We will start with an in-home assessment to understand your loved one’s care needs and form a care plan that accommodates their needs. You can reach us at (214) 865-7870 for Parkinson’s home care in Richardson, Texas.